Question

Play 5-Line in delay of 3s

• 10 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a pair of Play 5 + Sub and a computer connected to one of the Line In.

It used to work perfectly fine until one the Play 5 was not visible - it lost Wifi settings - I got it back online, and now I have a 3s delay between the image on screen and the sound throuh the Play 5… It worked nicely for many years !

It also happened 8 days ago to another french relation.

I tried:

• No Compression
  • Changing the volume / level of the inpu
  • Changing sonosNet Channel (1,6,11)

But nothing works, and support does not have a solution..

I feel desperate as it makes the system useless: 3s of delay is terrible !!

Cheers

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi. There is a known current issue whereby the compression gets stuck in Compressed  mode even when you have apparently changed the setting to uncompressed. 

I am sure that there will be a fix, but Sonos never promise timescales. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks for yhe answer

Hi. There is a known current issue whereby the compression gets stuck in Compressed  mode even when you have apparently changed the setting to uncompressed. 

I am sure that there will be a fix, but Sonos never promise timescales. 

Is it there since a long time ? 

Cheers,

Pe

About 2 weeks

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-amp-line-in-1-5-second-delay-6834447

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Sounds like John’s on the right track here. We’re working on that issue now. 

Badge

I have the same problem but the delay is 2.3 (two point three) seconds and applies to line-in only, and it has only appeared after a reset due to non-connection on 17 June 2020.

This is a serious problem given my use of the system with on-screen audio editing,  and tech support appears to have no answer and no “repair facility”. 6 months is a long time. Any ideas appreciated! Thanks, Tim T.

Same problem here, anyone with a solution?