Particular iHeart Radio based Sonos Radio station will not play consistently

• 9 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m relatively new to Sonos so I may call things incorrectly. I’m in the US.

I am having trouble getting a particular free Sonos Radio station to play consistently. The Spa station can play for days and then one day just will not play at all. I spent several hours this morning off and on trying to get it to play. I can immediately play a different station so I don’t think it is a networking problem and my hardware has not changed in weeks.

The only thing I can imagine is that I might be running out of play time but I can’t find any documentation that that is a thing for Sonos Radio or iheartradio on Sonos.

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have seen reference to contacting the station directly. Where do I gather enough information to do that?

Sonos radio stations are just that, part of Sonos, so there is no external web link you could add to get around issues the radio station may be having with respect to the stream supplied to Sonos, which is frequently a different one than is supplied to ‘the web’.

I suspect you’ve got some sort of wifi interference going on, but I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.