Answered

Pandora "Thumbs-up /Thumbs-down" Icons Missing

Userlevel 2
Hi All,
Last night I noticed that when I was using Pandora on my Sonos, the "thumbs-up, thumbs-down" feature was completely missing (and still is). The little thumb icons have just vanished. Is this happening to anyone else? Do you have any insight on why this may have occurred? I opened and closed the Sonos application, but that did not fix the issue. I am on Android (Turbo), Version 6.0.1.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 15 August 2019, 17:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

Userlevel 1
Please bring this feature back. Pandora radio isn’t pandora radio without thumbs
Userlevel 2
Same here. Feature was there last night, but gone now. Not using Siri or Alexa or such to access Pandora. Can’t figure out what this is gone. Hope we can fix - that’s one of the best features in Pandora/Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I debugged this and it looks like the Pandora SMAPI configuration is broken. I cannot tell if Sonos have broken it, or Pandora, but the presentation map is missing. This map is required for Rating support on a music service (and a whole lot of other features, come to think of it).
Userlevel 2
THANKS hmg03

Everyone, PLEASE send your issue to Sonos at: support@sonos.com
The more of us that write in, the better.

If you want, you can copy and paste this:

Dear Sonos Support,

When using the Pandora music service with my Sonos, the "thumbs-up, thumbs-down" feature is now completely missing. The little thumb icons have disappeared within the past couple of days. Other uses are having this same issue, which you can find in this thread in the Community (https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/pandora-thumbs-up-thumbs-down-icons-missing-6828122#post16350608). My smart phone is _____________ (model, version).

Thank you for assisting us with this issue.
Userlevel 3
I'm having the same issue - just started yesterday also. It is a problem, because my daughter listens to a Pandora station through Sonos that is supposed to be kid-friendly, but questionable content sometimes slips through. I need to be able to give those songs a thumbs down.
Not an isolated incident. Happened to me, too.

In case any of this is useful to those trying to diagnose the problem, I’m using: Sonos app version 10.1, on an iPhone 6s running iOS 12.3.1, with a Sonos Play 5.
Userlevel 1
With latest update this feature disappeared. Not happy. Writing to Pandora requesting that they return this. 😩
Userlevel 2
Everyone,

I also contacted Sonos and they suggested that this is an isolated event and that I should uninstall and reinstall the app on my phone. So, I did that, and it did not work.

I forwarded the link to this thread to them (via e-mail), and also sent the comment from "controlav" who said he (she?) debugged it and that it looks to him (her?) that the Pandora SMAPI configuration is broken...

I have no idea what that means, but hopefully Sonos does and hopefully they will look into this.
Userlevel 1
the thumbs up/down buttons have disappeared / reappeared / disappeared for me.

I’ve contacted both SONOS and Pandora.
Uninstalling / reinstalling had no effect.

Clearly this is is not an isolated incident.
So this is not isolated. It is definitely an interface between Sonos and Pandora. When I play Pandora directly on my phone speaker or ipad speaker the thumbs are present. It's only when I try to stream Pandora through my Sonos One that the thumbs disappear. Totally blows using Sonos anymore. What's up Sonos?

As stated, each music service is responsible for their own UI within the Sonos app. Pandora uses the Sonos API to create their own UI, and it is they who need to fix this. Lobbying here can do some good, but lobbying at Pandora would be far more effective, as it would be going to the source of the problem.
Userlevel 1
+1. Thumbs disappeared on my iPhone a few days ago. They still show up on my iPad though. Very odd.
Userlevel 1
Actually I believe it is a Sonos app thing, not Pandora as thumbs up/down still appears on the Pandora app. Sonos>>>please bring this feature back!
While it's possible that there's an issue in the Sonos app, it's extremely unlikely, the code they messed with for the update wouldn't have been anywhere near the code that handles this. And if it was, all services would be impacted, not just Pandora.

It's much more likely that Pandora made a change on their side, and forgot to check that it worked properly with the server/port that they provided to Sonos to connect to.

That being said, you've done the two things I'd recommend. Posting here is great, as Sonos has said that they read every post, but just can't respond to all of them, and more importantly, contacting Pandora, where I would bet the issue is.
I’m not sure I’ll want to keep using Pandora without the ability to like/dislike songs!
Userlevel 2
I debugged this and it looks like the Pandora SMAPI configuration is broken. I cannot tell if Sonos have broken it, or Pandora, but the presentation map is missing. This map is required for Rating support on a music service (and a whole lot of other features, come to think of it).

Thanks so much. I sent your comment to Sonos. I had reached out them about his issue. They replied that they don't know what my issue is about and suggested that it is isolated. I sent them the link to this thread (and I think someone else started another thread). Hopefully they'll fix it, or figure out how.

They recommended that I uninstall the SONOS app, and re-install. I have not tried this yet.
Userlevel 1
Voila! So are mine! Thank you to however returned these little gems to the Sonos APP.😀
Userlevel 1
Voila! So are mine! Thank you to however returned these little gems to the Sonos APP.😀
The same thing has happened to me 2 days ago as well.
Userlevel 2
Mine aren’t showing up either. What’s the deal, how do we fix it?

Sun2620, my best efforts are posted above. Write to Sonos using the cut-and-paste summary I wrote, and send it to support@sonos.com

Also, they're going to tell you to reinstall both the Sonos app, as well as the Pandora music service on your Sonos. That's all I've got!
Userlevel 2
OK...so now my thumbs are GONE again... Arrrrrrrrrrrgh.
I'll reach out AGAIN to Sonos. Something weird is going on with this, and it's annoying.
Allow me to restate.

The reason you're not seeing this with any of the other services that have this feature is that it isn't an issue on the Sonos side. This is an issue with Pandora. You should be directing your emails and comments to them.

If you're wondering why you're not seeing a statement like this from Sonos, they're not anxious to throw a partner under the bus. They depend on access to Pandora to assist the sales of the Sonos speakers, which is where Sonos makes money.
Find another platform. This is not complicated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That's interesting. I wonder if they use two different "portals" (servers) at Pandora, and one of them is mis-configured.

They use completely different endpoints and APIs.
What worked for me:

went into Sonos app Settings, and removed pandora service. Added it back again and thumbs cane back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

This issue should now be resolved. If you're still having issues with the thumbs up or down, remove Pandora from your Sonos system, add it back, then test again. If that doesn't do the trick, please give us a call.