Answered

Pandora "Thumbs-up /Thumbs-down" Icons Missing

Userlevel 2
Hi All,
Last night I noticed that when I was using Pandora on my Sonos, the "thumbs-up, thumbs-down" feature was completely missing (and still is). The little thumb icons have just vanished. Is this happening to anyone else? Do you have any insight on why this may have occurred? I opened and closed the Sonos application, but that did not fix the issue. I am on Android (Turbo), Version 6.0.1.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 15 August 2019, 17:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

Allow me to restate.

The reason you're not seeing this with any of the other services that have this feature is that it isn't an issue on the Sonos side. This is an issue with Pandora. You should be directing your emails and comments to them.

If you're wondering why you're not seeing a statement like this from Sonos, they're not anxious to throw a partner under the bus. They depend on access to Pandora to assist the sales of the Sonos speakers, which is where Sonos makes money.
So this is not isolated. It is definitely an interface between Sonos and Pandora. When I play Pandora directly on my phone speaker or ipad speaker the thumbs are present. It's only when I try to stream Pandora through my Sonos One that the thumbs disappear. Totally blows using Sonos anymore. What's up Sonos?
So this is not isolated. It is definitely an interface between Sonos and Pandora. When I play Pandora directly on my phone speaker or ipad speaker the thumbs are present. It's only when I try to stream Pandora through my Sonos One that the thumbs disappear. Totally blows using Sonos anymore. What's up Sonos?

As stated, each music service is responsible for their own UI within the Sonos app. Pandora uses the Sonos API to create their own UI, and it is they who need to fix this. Lobbying here can do some good, but lobbying at Pandora would be far more effective, as it would be going to the source of the problem.
As of Aug 2, 6:35 pm EST...no thumb icons. I let customer support know. What is going on?
As of Aug 2, 6:35 pm EST...no thumb icons. I let customer support know. What is going on?
That’s odd, as my 'thumbs' have been visible and appear to be working okay? (See iPad screenshots), perhaps it’s a local issue?
Could we please consolidate all of this concern into a single thread, rather than propagating four separate threads?

Perhaps this one would be best:

https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/pandora-thumbs-up-down-feature-missing-6828130
the thumbs up/down buttons have disappeared / reappeared / disappeared for me.

I’ve contacted both SONOS and Pandora.
Uninstalling / reinstalling had no effect.

Clearly this is is not an isolated incident.

This has been happening to me for a couple of weeks. There yesterday but not today.
Mine are gone again, too. After having them back for the last 9 days.
Find another platform. This is not complicated.
This is basic stuff. If they can’t fix it now why are they paying their developers?
We’ve seemed to have isolated the issue. If we start Pandora from Alexa (“Alexa, play xyz radio.”) the thumbs up/down icons are gone. If we stop the music, then restart through the Sonos app, we have the icons.
That's interesting. I wonder if they use two different "portals" (servers) at Pandora, and one of them is mis-configured.

Have you contacted Pandora?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That's interesting. I wonder if they use two different "portals" (servers) at Pandora, and one of them is mis-configured.

They use completely different endpoints and APIs.
Thanks for the confirmation. Unsurprising, as it makes tracking much easier on their side, but also allows for a potential change in setup for the server to be different.
What worked for me:

went into Sonos app Settings, and removed pandora service. Added it back again and thumbs cane back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

This issue should now be resolved. If you're still having issues with the thumbs up or down, remove Pandora from your Sonos system, add it back, then test again. If that doesn't do the trick, please give us a call.