Answered

Pandora reauthorization

• 23 February 2021
  • 12 replies

Every time I use Pandora on my Sonos system, it requires me to re-authorize my account. I have deleted and reinstalled the app.Nothing seems to solve this issue. Can you please help resolve this issue?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 April 2021, 02:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Gelebrown

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and for letting us know about your concern. We appreciate your time and all your effort to resolve the issue. Let me help you out.

The Sonos app validates your Pandora account and music subscription. Were you able to access your Pandora account via their website? If there’s no issue with your Pandora account and you can access the website and the application, you can proceed to the next steps.

Allow me to recommend the following guides and please do follow accordingly.

1. Remove and re-add Pandora on the Sonos app.
  2. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
  3. Turn off and off your mobile device.
  4. Reset Sonos app
    • Settings > App Preferences > and tap Reset App.
  5. Use another mobile device if you will encounter the same.
  6. Reboot all your network and Sonos devices to refresh the communication.

If you’re still experiencing the same issue, I would recommend contacting our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. It would be great if you can provide our team with your full network setup including the make and model to check for hardware compatibility. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.  

Thank you!

This fix DOES NOT work, it is every time I stop using the app, you have to reauthorized pandora. I’ve had Sonos for years and this has just started and won’t stop.. It needs to be fixed

I’m having the same problem and would appreciate a fix.

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

I just started having the same issue. I’ve been using Sonos app for years, no problem. Now every time I open the app I have to reathorize Pandora. 

Please fix ASAP

I had luck in removing sonos app and re-installing it.  When I did that the system realized it needed to upgrade and now it’s working.

I had luck in removing sonos app and re-installing it.  When I did that the system realized it needed to upgrade and now it’s working.

I tried this once and it was still doing the same thing. Tried it the next day and it resolved my issue. 

Thanks!

I tried this once and it was still doing the same thing. Tried it the next day and it resolved my issue. 

Thanks!

Well, it worked for one day and now it’s not working again.

Same here Ecruz, mine is back to requiring daily re-authorization of Pandora, very frustrating.

Mike

Have any of you followed the suggestion in my post above?

Wow - I have had the same problem - called today but tech had never heard the problem before. Just started a few weeks ago! Reauthorizing the Pandora service every time I use it is a royal pain. Seems like Sonos is just forgetful. Maybe next update will patch it.