Answered

Pandora not activating on Sonos

I recently updated my Pandora account. On Sonos when I try to activate it, it just keeps saying Safari cannot open the page because the address is not valid. Therefore I cannot activate my Pandora account. What is going on with it? It's not a Wi-Fi issue, and everything else is working fine. The Google Plus account works fine. But Pandora will not allow me to activate. Any advice? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 20 April 2018, 21:36

...and just like that, the issue has been reported as resolved.

Let me know if you continue to have problems with authorizing Pandora on Sonos.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Shalla1. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Currently, we are tracking a problem with Pandora account activation on Sonos. The team is actively working on this, and I will be sure to keep this topic up to date as information becomes available.

Thanks for your patience!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
...and just like that, the issue has been reported as resolved.

Let me know if you continue to have problems with authorizing Pandora on Sonos.
I cannot get Pandora added as an account through the Sonos app (Adroid device) - I have a workaround but it's a little crazy. I can open the Pandora app, start a station and cast the song to the Sonos speaker.... then go to the Sonos app to control volume and song skip/pause. BUT if I want to change stations, I have to go back to the Pandora app to do that, so I am constantly toggling back and forth.
My Pandora was previously working on my Sonos. It works fine on my iPhone. When I try to initiate again in Sonos I receive a message that the account needs to be reauthorize, even after reauthorizing. Can you help please??
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My Pandora was previously working on my Sonos. It works fine on my iPhone. When I try to initiate again in Sonos I receive a message that the account needs to be reauthorize, even after reauthorizing. Can you help please??

Hi there,

We're not seeing any outage affecting Pandora at this time. Try rebooting your router, and Sonos speakers, then see if you can add Pandora to your Sonos system. Rebooting should update the network information on your speakers and may help. If that doesn't do the trick, submit a diagnostic report then reply here with the confirmation number.
Userlevel 2

Hi there,

We're not seeing any outage affecting Pandora at this time. Try rebooting your router, and Sonos speakers, then see if you can add Pandora to your Sonos system. Rebooting should update the network information on your speakers and may help. If that doesn't do the trick, submit a diagnostic report then reply here with the confirmation number.

This seems like a Sonos app problem, and it’s frustrating. What are the differences between Spotify and Pandora integration that seem to make Spotify more reliable? I’m tired of recommendations that include unplugging or resetting anything, or connecting with a cable. That’s a big waste of time.

Does the Sonos app have a bug. Pandora and amazon music don’t work. I have tried Everything that  the troubleshooting said to do. 

most be a Sonos app issue. 

I’ve not experienced any issues with the Sonos app. I suspect your issue is elsewhere. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

I just upgraded to 11.0 and, now Pandora will not play, authorize or actually even work.  What is going on and when will it be fixed?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello @johndy,

If you are just experiencing this now it may be due to some maintenance that Pandora is going on their end.

If you continue to experience issues, please submit a diagnostic report as @Airgetlam, says and post here with the number or reach out to our support team and we will be happy to look into it for you.