Answered

Pandora access denied

• 29 January 2021
  • 21 replies

Playlist from Pandora being denied. Plays on my phone but not through Sonos. 

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 8 February 2021, 19:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

Userlevel 7

Try removing Pandora from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Doesn’t work. Tried reauthorizing my account and Pandora says it doesn’t recognize me email. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks,

Welcome. Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me share information with you. @GuitarSuperstar, thanks for your assistance. We really appreciate it.

Sonos doesn't save, change, or reset the password of any music services accounts added in the Sonos app. The Sonos app validates your Pandora account and music subscription. If you're being prompted an error as access denied, this means that there's a problem with your account.

To help you out with this, let me ask a few questions.

• Is the Sonos app is up to date?
  • Is there someone else who knows your Pandora account? 
  • Do you experience the same on other music services?
  • Do you have the Pandora app installed on your mobile device? Have you tried signing out and signing back in? Did you get the same error?
  • Have you tried signing in on your Pandora's account on their website?
  • Have you tried changing or resetting your Pandora's account?

Please let us know how you get on with the advice above. If you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.  

I’m having the same issue. My app is up to date, and I’ve removed and re-added Pandora. Diagnostic #905868141

Userlevel 7

@MadTxn Try this:

In the Sonos app, go to Settings > App Preferences > and tap Reset App. The close and reopen the app.

This is an ongoing issue. I’ve reauthorized my pandora account multiple times on multiple different devices. It works for a little while and then gives me the same error of access denied.

Somethin’ F*cky’s Goin On...

Same experience as Chewza, having to reauthorize Pandora a couple of times a day, for last several days in a row. This is some new bug. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this. If there’s no issue with your Pandora account and you can access the website and the application, you can proceed to the next steps.

Allow me to recommend the following guides and please do follow accordingly.

1. Remove and re-add Pandora on the Sonos app.
  2. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
  3. Turn off and off your mobile device.
  4. Use another mobile device if you will encounter the same.
  5. Uninstall and re-install the Sonos app.

If you’re still experiencing the same issue, I would recommend contacting our phone support for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. It would be great if you can provide our team with your full network setup including the make and model to check for hardware compatibility. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.  

Same experience as everyone else, having to reauthorize Pandora a couple of times a day, for last several days in a row. This is some new bug. 

Sonos, what’s the ETA for a fix?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @kavadog,

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this. We received reports for the same issue and the issue gets resolved by following the same advice from @GuitarSuperstar. If you’re still experiencing the same, I would suggest refreshing all your network and Sonos devices if there'll be any improvement.

• Sequential reboot and needs to be performed in order
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power.
    • Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Test playback from and observe Sonos performance.
  • Sonos can be configured in either a wireless or wired setup. 
    • In a wireless setup, your Sonos products connect to your home’s WiFi network.
    • In a wired setup, at least one of your Sonos products will stay wired to the router with an Ethernet cable to create a dedicated wireless network specifically for your Sonos system. 
      • Change the wireless channel in your router (please check your router manual for reference or you may seek assistance from your internet service provider).
        • change the wireless channel for the 2.4GHz network.
        • If "Auto" channel is enabled - disable it and set specific channel - 1, 6 or 11
        • Save the settings. Your router may restart while the settings are being saved

If it's still doesn't work, you may need to contact our phone support team to look into this. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to address the issue. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, I'll be glad to assist you.

I still have to go through the hassle of resetting everything as listed in the posts above.

That said, I wanted to add another user that is affected. I’ll toss in my diagnostics as best as I can recall.   I am not sure if this started with 12.2.5 or 12.2.6.

I fire up Sonia to play Pandora, it says access is denied.  

I’ll re-authorize the Pandora account and it will for as long as it’s on normally.

Generally, when I fire up Sonia the next day, this happens again. 

I have not reset everything yet as the workaround is 10 seconds per day, and the potential fix may take quite a bit longer.

For the people that have gone through the resetting process, has it fixed the issue?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @JDW, thank you for your response and for updating us. We appreciate your feedback and all your effort in checking for resolution. Upon checking the status, there are no issues reported with Pandora. What you may have encountered can be caused by network communication, either between Sonos devices and your router or between Sonos and the internet. To further help you out on this, I recommend contacting our support team to remotely access your device and perform some tests on Pandora music service to provide the best option for you. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

Same problem started today for me. Had access denied twice. My wife has her own pandora account and hers has been trouble free getting access from her iPhone. I reauthorized and it worked for about an hour and denied access again. Reaithorized and waiting to see what happens next.

Now neither of us has access. I had to reauthorize. Something has changed recently.

Any updates? I was waiting to see if someone had been able correct issue. It happens after several hours. All of a sudden music stops and I have to reauthorize. Both iPhones and an iPad go through this at different times.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @BSheff, no updates from our side to share - I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team via live chat or phone call, as they have more tools available and will be able to perform some live troubleshooting.

This has happened several times to me lately. 
There is nothing wrong with my home network. I rebooted my phone, then all of my Sonos speakers.  Relaunched the Sonos app and could play pandora again. 

Thanks for the update. I decided to do nothing and see if it resolved itself. We had it happen every few hours on 2 different iPhones and an iPad. It seems to have corrected itself. Hasn’t happened in 2 days. If it stays stable or crashes again please post.

Badge

Have been having the same issue the last week or so. Nothing prior. Each day for the last week though, I’ve had to reauthorize. That seems to work for the day, then the next morning. rinse/repeat.

I’d definitely try the two standard procedures:

1. remove, and then re-add your account in the Sonos controller
  2. Reset your network, by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices.

If neither work, then I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I had to reauthorize for about a week. Now I’m on day 3 without having to reauthorize. Doesn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason to the issue. It appears several things correct it. RE booting everything, or just reauthorize until it goes away.