Answered

One Spotify account two devices

• 5 July 2022
  • 4 replies

I have two Sonos speakers--one in my office and one in the kitchen downstairs. I listen to mine in my office while I work all day, and my family will pop into the kitchen and play music occasionally. 

However, Sonos seems to have changed this policy and will only allow Spotify to stream from one device at a time. I have the paid version of Spotify. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t let a family stream Spotify off of multiple devices--do you want us to pay for a new subscription of each device? Did I not spend enough money on this overpriced speaker system already? I feel like I’m paying premium prices for a less-than-premium product. I just want to be able to listen to music. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 5 July 2022, 19:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It’s Spotify that sets the policies, not Sonos. Try to resist the temptation to shoot the messenger.

Are you playing Spotify Connect via the native apps on your phones? If so you could be hitting a licence limit. In that case play using the Sonos app instead.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I can still stream multiple Spotify streams via the Sonos app. Please note that Spotify Connect was always limited to one stream at a time. 

As stated, the limit is not with Sonos.  The Sonos app let’s you stream multiple Spotify streams.  The limit is for Spotify Connect through the Spotify app, and would be found using any and all Spotify Connect capable speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So the solution is to only use Spotify form the Sonos app on both speakers. Wether this is intended or not, Spotify will not stop the connection to the first speaker when the second one starts playing.