one song on Amazon music is choppy

• 25 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

I have a Sonos 1 that I stream from Amazon music.  One song in particular is always choppy.  No other song experiences this.  I can play said song anywhere else and it’s fine.  This happens 90% of the time. 10% of the time it plays fine.  Why this one song?

1 reply

Amazon have recently introduced both Atmos and Sony 360 tracks to their 70 million streaming music library, in addition to their HD/UltraHD tracks, maybe it’s something to do with that and perhaps a few teething issues with their new service?

It’s the only thing I can think of, unless your speaker perhaps has intermittent wireless interference or hardware/tuning issues, that just happen to coincide with you playing that particular track.

Anyhow, In addition to not identifying the problem-track, it’s also not clear which precise model of Sonos speaker you are using (Play:1, Sonos One (gen1 or 2) etc.), so it’s quite difficult to even try to reproduce the issue without further information by anyone that uses the Amazon Music (Prime/Ultimate?) Service on Sonos.