Answered

On this Mobile Device - Incorrect Track Order

• 8 February 2021
  • 2 replies

When I use Android Sonos Controller to play music using 'On this Mobile Device' album tracks appear in the wrong order (see below). 

The album starts with track 1 then moves to track 10, 11,12 etc. until the end of the album before returning to tack 2? My large music collection was transferred to my phone from my iTunes folder using the iSyncr app. None of these errors exist in either iTunes or Poweramp app (populated from the iSyncr folder on my phone) Other anomalies appear with double albums and splitting errors are common, again, these errors do not appear anywhere else (see below) Can anyone explain - in the simplest way possible - why this is happening?

icon

Best answer by controlav 8 February 2021, 15:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Looks like it is in strict alphabetic order including the track number. Check the ID3 tags on those files to ensure there is a track number set. If the “01” is in the actual filename, rename them to remove those.

However I recall that the default order for Android files was based on the file timestamp, so check those too.

I’m not sure Sonos care about this feature any more, it is unique to Android and we know local file playback is a low priority for them across the ecosystem.

Badge

Once again I am convinced that Apple devices are much more stable