Answered

On August 1st, 2018 all former-CBS radio stations will no longer be available from TuneIn

Thanks to the purchase of CBS Radio stations by Entercom and a push to bolster its now-owned Radio.com user base, all former-CBS radio stations will disappear from TuneIn on August 1st - https://www.rbr.com/tunein-tune-out-for-entercom-radio-com-gets-exclusive/ . As far as I can tell, this means anyone using a favorite radio station (for me, KROQ in Los Angeles) will lose access on August 1st.

I'd love to hear feedback from the Sonos team on this!
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 18 July 2018, 23:45

Good news Clay, starting today, Radio.com is now available to add to your Sonos systems as a beta service. Check out Settings > My Music Services > Add a service and you'll see Radio.com under the Beta section, on the desktop controller, this is under the Sonos Labs section.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi Clay!

The radio stations owned by Entercom Communications will become no longer available on TuneIn, as you know, though you can use AirPlay 2 with them now. We're currently working with Entercom on a solution to support Entercom radio stations on Sonos natively via Radio.com, in the near future. There's no timeline just yet that I can share, but the teams are hard at work on it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Good news Clay, starting today, Radio.com is now available to add to your Sonos systems as a beta service. Check out Settings > My Music Services > Add a service and you'll see Radio.com under the Beta section, on the desktop controller, this is under the Sonos Labs section.
im in the same boat!! Not having KROQ on my SONOS is going to kill me and bring this house down. SONOS team neads to remember that before there was WEEZER there was WEEZE...... And before there was SONOS there was SO NO in this house. Get Radio.com on there... I dont want the BETA crap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The fact that it's in beta mere days after many users asked both companies for it is a big accomplishment. Entercom wants to make sure their stations can be heard through Sonos... more ears to radio is never a bad thing... so it won't likely be in beta long, but unfortunately beta is a necessary phase before something is released. It's coming... you can see it's coming... be patient and it will be here.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings