Odd issue

We have two systems 

A pair of  ones upstairs which work fine. We have a beam and two play ones downstairs. We have had started having issues with alexa and also with playing music from radio , be is tunein, my radio tuner or alexa, even from app we cannot play music, but if we start the music upstairs and add the downstairs in to play too it will play as long as the upstairs ones are playing too, when we try just to play on the ones downstairs we get cannot connect all the time with https: then it's blank.

Anyone had this issue and a way to fix it, it worked fine until last week 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Beam and two Play:1s from power for a minute or two. You can also try rebooting your router and removing Alexa from the Beam under the Voice settings in the Sonos app and re-adding her.

I have deleted then numerous times and reset them unplugged then restarted my router etc, even tried putting google on it and it's the same it's as if the beam hates me lol

Userlevel 7

Have you tried removing the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and reinstalling it?

Yeah removed all the apps, but it's not just on alexa, I can go on the sonos app and use sonos tuner it will paly the odd radio station but lots will just not do anything

Userlevel 7

This probably won’t work, but it wouldn’t hurt to try:  

Go to Settings > App Preferences and tap Reset App. Then close and reopen the app and test again.

BTW, what router are you using?

We have a asus xt8 mesh system

Userlevel 7

There are many users with ASUS routers that have been having connection issues lately. Read through this thread and try the suggested solutions and see if it fixes your problem: 

I don't have qos on my router as I said they system upstairs is fine on the same system. So don't think it can be router

Userlevel 7

Here is another thread that might be helpful: 

Userlevel 7

Here is the link to previous firmware updates for your router: https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/ZenWiFi-AX-XT8/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Will try and connect it direct to virgin router tomorrow just need to turn on wifi to prove it, but seems odd it works on the one upstairs and will work if both are playing same content