Nugs.net and phishlive conflict

• 25 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge
Livephish is under the umbrella of nugsnet but requires a separate account which I’m relatively sure is somehow causing my problem. I have already tried every combination of changing network channels/changing passwords and usernames of each account/trying to use each individually with the other removed/ re adding the service(of course with a phone and router reboot and Even an entire system unplug and sequential reboot)/- anything mentioned anywhere here I’ve done except assigning static ip’s to each speaker. When I had nugsnet alone there were no issues but after adding livephish - for a given 12 hour or so period I could only listen to one or the other. If I try to switch to the other I get a “unable to contact nugs.net”(or livephish error. I did several diagnostics and despite the involvement of several people there didn’t seem to be a fix. Nugsnet is looking into it. By the way all 6 other stations play with no problems. Thanks for any insight

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Positivepr. Unfortunately, there is an ongoing issue with Livephish at the moment which we are tracking. We are working with them to resolve this, but do not yet have a timeframe for resolution just yet. Thank you for your patience, we will keep our users posted. Let us know if you need anything else.
This is an old issue and distinct from the current livephish skipping to next song issue. Here is a post of mine about it from a year ago:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/file-cannot-be-found-only-for-one-of-three-services-6799443

The solution was having my wife open a nugs account and using that one along with my livephish account through Sonos.

Never happened again once I had the two services with different accounts.
I am having a problem switching between LivePhish and Nug.net Either one work fine but if I try to switch from one to another I always get an error message that says that it is unable to connect. Sonos support has been working with me on this for a few weeks. They have had me try everything they can think of but so far no fix.
I am having a problem switching between LivePhish and Nug.net Either one work fine but if I try to switch from one to another I always get an error message that says that it is unable to connect. Sonos support has been working with me on this for a few weeks. They have had me try everything they can think of but so far no fix.

this is the issue i posted about above. the only way i could fix it was to open a nugs account with a different email address. if you can just close your nugs acct (or livephish) and reopen it with a different email address, you should be okay. i can say, at least, that it solved the issue instantly and forevermore when i did that.
Badge
I can confirm that this fixed the issue of not being able to switch between the two services. I changed the email of my livephish acct to my wife’s email and immediately I can go back and forth without the “unable to connect” error. Thanks. Now if I can just get the issue with both services skipping randomly to stop life will be good.
After working with Sonos for a full month I ended up purchasing a Boost which solved my issues