Answered

Normal Apple Music account, seems to have stopped letting me play different music in different rooms

• 21 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi folks

Apologies if this been answered already or if it’s a daft question. I have noticed this happening in the last year or so. When I try to play different music in 2 different rooms, one room will stop playing after 1 song while the other room will continue. I pay for just the bog standard Apple Music (9.99 a month). Have Apple stopped Sonos from being able to play separate albums in separate rooms? It certainly worked fine when I first purchased the system.

Any help appreciated and apologies for wasting anyone’s time, first post here!

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 21 March 2021, 17:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi folks

Apologies if this been answered already or if it’s a daft question. I have noticed this happening in the last year or so. When I try to play different music in 2 different rooms, one room will stop playing after 1 song while the other room will continue. I pay for just the bog standard Apple Music (9.99 a month). Have Apple stopped Sonos from being able to play separate albums in separate rooms? It certainly worked fine when I first purchased the system.

Any help appreciated and apologies for wasting anyone’s time, first post here!

Thanks

Is this when you start the music with the Alexa voice assistant, or when you start the Apple Music audio using the Sonos App?… if it’s the former, then it’s correct the voice services do only allow one music service stream to be used - you can however play from different services or different accounts. You should not encounter such limitation however when starting the audio from the Sonos App & it’s in-built Apple Music Service.

Thanks for your reply!!

I have no idea how, but now it seems to be letting me play different music in the 2 separate rooms again. i deleted alexa’s access to my apple music, but i am sure it had access when it worked when i originally bought the sonos. Now the issue is when i stream my ipod at the same time. But i assume this is down to my apple music being a single subscription.