Answered

No display of artist or other meta-data for album selected in right-hand panel (Windows app)

• 21 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Sonos Controller App in Windows: when I select an album, the app does not show the artist name or track number along with the track title, in the Album panel. This is particularly annoying when I select an album of different artists, e.g. "XYZ Records top hits".

I fully realise the information is there in the Album track list, if I click Info & Options. But this is clumsy if I want to look for all the tracks for "James Brown", for example.

But when I select tracks into the Queue panel, then the artist name magically appears below the track title. But it does not show the track number. 

I checked the equivalent apps for Android and Apple (iPhone); they are even more difficult with the iPhone version not displaying the artist at all (this is viewing a album before I queue it). The Android version finally does give up it's treasured information after two clicks - again time-consuming.

Is there any plan to rectify this? 

Ideally, I should be able to choose what meta-data I want shown for both Album and Queue lists. This might include genre, release year, contributing artists, etc.

All 3 devices are running version 10.6.1. However, I use Windows version of the app the most.

icon

Best answer by David C 12 February 2020, 21:19

@Exterminating Angel 

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

I would like to let you know that the Sonos App reads metadata from the tracks themselves, and if you are not seeing all the data that you would like, I can forward a feature request to the team for expansion of the metadata display.

In the meantime, you can use a metadata editor to add track numbers to the track names which should cause them to show on Sonos.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Exterminating Angel 

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

I would like to let you know that the Sonos App reads metadata from the tracks themselves, and if you are not seeing all the data that you would like, I can forward a feature request to the team for expansion of the metadata display.

In the meantime, you can use a metadata editor to add track numbers to the track names which should cause them to show on Sonos.