Nintendo Switch and Playbar

• 30 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi all!

Finally got Nintendo Switch for my 4 year old. I do know that I can not get surround on my Playbar, Play 3 and SUB but I can barely hear anything and must crank the volume to 75 % !!!!! to hear something in stereo, i presume. How do you haver your Switch/Tv setup?

Thank you

Neven

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi!

I have figured the way (sort of). I created a sequence on my Logitech Harmony to switch to TV speakers.Like so: options, direction down 15 x, direction right, direction down, select. 

I plan to do the same for switching to Audio out. Will let you know.

Neven

I’ve never seen anything in the Logitech system that allows me to touch the optical output control, but if you’re successful, I’d be interested in how. 

Note that you can set a default volume in the Harmony’s settings, although I’m away from my home and can’t recall exactly where that is. I’ve got my TV’s setting the volume to 10 for my Arc. But I also recall it was hard to find that setting, and I think I ended up on a Logitech/Harmony support board to find the correct location. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Neven, thanks for reaching out.

You definitely shouldn’t have to bump the Playbar up to 75% in order to hear anything. I suspect that your TV has its own volume level that is set fairly low. Check your TV’s audio settings when you have the Switch connected, and look to see if there’s an option to set the TV to “Fixed” volume instead of “Variable”. Make sure to turn down the Playbar first before changing that setting!

It is now on fixed. I tried set to variable, no change.

I’d also be checking that the Switch is set to Stereo instead of Surround sound, since the Switch uses a surround format that the Playbar doesn’t support (LPCM). Let me know how you get on.

I also tried setting the switch audio from stereo to surround and back. No luck.

I do have an idea. I am using universal logitech remote. I have three activities set. Maybe I can teach the remote. Turn the tv on, set sound to tv speakers instead of Playbar.

What do you think?

Thank you

Neven

Badge +17

Hi @Neven, thanks for reaching out.

You definitely shouldn’t have to bump the Playbar up to 75% in order to hear anything. I suspect that your TV has its own volume level that is set fairly low. Check your TV’s audio settings when you have the Switch connected, and look to see if there’s an option to set the TV to “Fixed” volume instead of “Variable”. Make sure to turn down the Playbar first before changing that setting!

I’d also be checking that the Switch is set to Stereo instead of Surround sound, since the Switch uses a surround format that the Playbar doesn’t support (LPCM). Let me know how you get on.