Question

New Apple Music playlists don’t show in SONOS controller

• 19 November 2017
  • 7 replies

New Apple Music playlists I create don’t appear in the SONOS controller app.

A google search shows various people having this issue, spreading back at least a year. Has there been a fix established, or a diagnosis of the issue, at least?

I have the latest Apple Music app; the latest SONOS controller and speaker software; I am using a Play 1, 3, and 5.

I admit I’m getting rather tired of SONOS’ hit and miss user experience, especially considering the super-high cost of the kit. I don’t expect perfection, but for this much money I don’t expect the sheer number of issues we face as SONOS users on all too regular a basis.

I’m happy to submit a diagnostic if required but not sure how it would help?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6
I previously posted the same question here - https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/18th-november-apple-music-down-6794346

You are not alone. Clearly there's a problem with the latest version.

I have a call with support scheduled for tomorrow morning - will report back the findings.
New Apple Music playlists I create don’t appear in the SONOS controller app.

A google search shows various people having this issue, spreading back at least a year. Has there been a fix established, or a diagnosis of the issue, at least?

I have the latest Apple Music app; the latest SONOS controller and speaker software; I am using a Play 1, 3, and 5.

I admit I’m getting rather tired of SONOS’ hit and miss user experience, especially considering the super-high cost of the kit. I don’t expect perfection, but for this much money I don’t expect the sheer number of issues we face as SONOS users on all too regular a basis.

I’m happy to submit a diagnostic if required but not sure how it would help?

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
yes - problem fixed. Not sure if it was my working with that that helped, or not.... but glad it's sorted. Back to the music.
hi Chopdog. Is there a fix you can share?
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
No - just use it. You may need to run the app update that came out last night.
Based on the posts, this seems like a feature that Apple or Sonos are fighting about? This does not work for me at all and used to.
Badge +12
no issues, I create a playlist on the phone, and i can see in the apple music playlist on the sonos control of my mac. I am using android with apple music.