Naxos Music Library

• 29 December 2012
  • 28 replies

Just started uaing Sonos and I love it! Would it be possible to add Naxos Music Library to the music services? They have a massive catalogue, and I have access to it via my employer's site license. Possible? Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Thanks for your interest in using the NML on Sonos! Integration is on our radar and we have a strong interest in this and many other third-party platforms. Stay tuned! Marc Krejci Director of Digital Business Naxos
Hi Marc - that's fantastic news, many thanks. While I'm at it, thank you for making NML just about the best music platform I've seen. The selection was already amazing, and adding EMI catalogue totally kicked it up a level. Will hope to see it on Sonos soon! David
Another vote for adding NML to Sonos ... it will be a great addition for classical music lovers. Ken
Is there a timeline? Are we talking months? years?
I want it too! I hope to see it real soon!
I want it too! I hope to see it real soon!
Yes integrate as fast as you can
Any news for this Xmas about the subject?
Naxos is streaming quality classical music, but how do I get it through all my Sonos?
Userlevel 2
Naxos is streaming quality classical music, but how do I get it through all my Sonos?
Hello Thorkild,

There is no option yet to implement your Naxos account into Sonos, unless you go through 3rd party hardware and stream the music into a Sonos device with a Line-In (PLAY:5, CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP).

Please also understand that a good method to start the process of being taken up as a Sonos-compatible music service is to go through Sonos Labs.

Therefore I recommend for all Naxos-interested users to contact Naxos as well and request for them to get in touch with Sonos Labs.

In the meanwhile, this idea-thread remains open, so other users can voice their opinion, take part in the discussion and +1 the idea.

Kind regards,

Björn L.
Another vote for adding Naxos Music Library to the Sonos music providers list! Please please please make it possible to access without having to jump through technological hoops or buy expensive new kit like CONNECT or PLAY:5.
Many people we have spoken to, including my husband and I want this to happen asap. Naxos and Sonos please make it happen!!!
Thanks
Another vote to add Naxos Music Library to the providers available through Sonos
Naxos won't do this for free, and neither will Sonos. Naxos access costs $20 per year. Why doesn't Sonos make a deal with Naxos to provide its customers at full price ($20 per year per subscriber paid to Naxos), then charge us an extra $10 per year for the privilege? I would not hesitate to pay $30 per year to access Naxos through Sonos.
+1 from me.
I too would love to have Naxos available. Sooner is better. It would be good for Naxos, Sonos, and us!
I too would love to have Naxos available. Sooner is better. It would be good for Naxos, Sonos, and us!
Please add Naxos.  I have used Naxos, found it very valuable, and was surprised that it was not available when I went with Sonos.  Not having it diminishes the value of your product.
One more vote for Naxos. It ought to be easy for both Naxos and Sonos to generate revenue from this. Classical music fans have few good audio options, and there should be minimal resistance to paying for this one. Anyone who uses Naxos for a while becomes hooked. And it's good marketing for Sonos to provide something different from all those other me-too music offerings.
Hi, I am also a big fan of Naxos Music Library. I just bought a Sonos Play:5 and I also would like to see Naxos available as a new service on Sonos. I see that this thread has been here for 3 years, and apparently Sonos is not listening, Anyway, Sonos, this is another vote for Naxos!
Thanks for your interest in using the NML on Sonos! Integration is on our radar and we have a strong interest in this and many other third-party platforms. Stay tuned! Marc Krejci Director of Digital Business Naxos

is there any development??

is there any development??

You'd need to go and ask Naxos, pretty certain that user is no longer present on this forum.
Three years later and nothing. Naxos is incredible... Such a shame development went nowhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Three years later and nothing. Naxos is incredible... Such a shame development went nowhere.

You have spoken to Naxos right?
I did send a couple emails over the years but nothing. I know they are the holdup... that's what I was referring to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'm not sure how large Naxos are or whether they have the resource necessary to do this (Create the API to link in with Sonos).

Is there a forum where Naxos Music Library enthusiasts gather and where you might find somebody with the requisite skills who may be able to offer their time pro bono perhaps?

The thing is although there is access to some awesome Classical music it is still somewhat niche and then you further subset those Sonos users it is would be a relatively small userbase. I guess from Naxos' point of view is how many NEW subscribers would be driven by making their service available through Sonos and as I say whilst their isn't an on-going cost there is an up front cost in setting it up.
I'm not sure how large Naxos are or whether they have the resource necessary to do this (Create the API to link in with Sonos).

Is there a forum where Naxos Music Library enthusiasts gather and where you might find somebody with the requisite skills who may be able to offer their time pro bono perhaps?

The thing is although there is access to some awesome Classical music it is still somewhat niche and then you further subset those Sonos users it is would be a relatively small userbase. I guess from Naxos' point of view is how many NEW subscribers would be driven by making their service available through Sonos and as I say whilst their isn't an on-going cost there is an up front cost in setting it up.

I had a recent exchange with Dan Wright at Naxos USA re Sonos:

2016/11/25 - John Yates:
There is a long standing, plaintive thread on on the Sonos forums asking for support for NML. BCM (a Sonos representative) has indicated that he has reached out to Naxos without luck. Would it be possible for someone from the Naxos organization to post an explanation of Naxos' position so that we can all understand why, after so much time, there is no progress on this front?

2016/11/28 - Dan Wright:
Thanks for reaching out. Marc Krejci has not been with Naxos for some time now, so that's likely why we have not responded to BCM.

Over the next year we will be performing considerable back-end upgrades to the NOL suite that will position us to better accommodate the demands of changing technology as needed. Included on our wish list for these upgrades is compatibility with Sonos specifically, and more generally greater flexibility for accommodating whatever high-demand formats the future brings. Certainly we need to weigh the various factors involved, but please know that Sonos is included on the list of expressed wishes.

2016/11/28- John Yates:
Thanks for the prompt answer. Much as I appreciate this personal reply I know that the general Sonos community would love an update. It would be best if that were to come from someone at Naxos. If that is not going to happen then would you mind if I quoted the text of your message there?

2016/11/28 - Dan Wright:
Unfortunately, I'm not able to actively and consistently monitor various message boards at this time, but you're welcome to share the response with the forums. Additionally, I've just noticed Stuart_W's post on the next page, and that's an astute observation of the kinds of factors that are involved. We're a relatively small team, so while we would like to accommodate as many needs as possible, we need to prioritize our time and development budget efficiently. The updates that our developers are working on over the next year will be taking into account the need for site flexibility and adaptability going forward, so any items on our (the customer support and sales teams') wish list that aren't initially incorporated into the development project should be more efficiently doable once sufficient demand for that format/device is demonstrated.