Napster in UK

• 13 December 2009
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
It was all working OK - even today - and then tonight the Napster service is sporadic. Sometimes, not working, sometimes taking ages to find a song to stream. Is this just me or are others having the same problem?

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
It was all working OK - even today - and then tonight the Napster service is sporadic. Sometimes, not working, sometimes taking ages to find a song to stream. Is this just me or are others having the same problem?

if you are talking about Saturday night (12/12/09) yes napster was a complete roadcrash. I had a bit of a shindig at my place and had to rely on my NAS + lastFM - Napster was just shameful. They seem to be getting worse by the month in terms of reliability and sound quality. i am sure that the streamed tracks are getting lower in sample rates - i.e less than 128kbs.
Userlevel 2
I had a party on Saturday and, being new to Sonos, was showing it off to all. Unlucky that Napster hardly ever worked, not very impressive. Then I tried calling the much vaunted Sonos support, was on hold for half an hour and had only moved up from 11 to 8 in the queue. And you can't leave your phone number for a callback as it only seems to work for US numbers.
Can anyone tell me how much they pay for Napster subscription in the UK? My free trial is coming to an end and I can join Napster for £5 a month on their site, is it the same price through Sonos? Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge
I had a party on Saturday and, being new to Sonos, was showing it off to all. Unlucky that Napster hardly ever worked, not very impressive. Then I tried calling the much vaunted Sonos support, was on hold for half an hour and had only moved up from 11 to 8 in the queue. And you can't leave your phone number for a callback as it only seems to work for US numbers.
Can anyone tell me how much they pay for Napster subscription in the UK? My free trial is coming to an end and I can join Napster for £5 a month on their site, is it the same price through Sonos? Thanks

the price is £5 for streaming and has nowt to do with Sonos. i feel your annoyance, that is the trouble of course with relying entirely on the interweb for your music rather than having your own local harddrive based sounds!
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the response. Btw I do have a NAS hard drive with my music stored, so wasn't the end of the world when I couldn't get on to Napster, but everyone was more interested in the "any song you can get at your fingertips". Suppose it doesn't say too much about my music collection!