Answered

MyRadio ANckoteka 90-x available but not playing

Can anyone shed light on why the MyRadio ANckoteka 90-x station is not playing on Sonos through TuneIn? It is listed on theTuneIn stream from Sonos but does not play.

Previously there were several other excellent radio stations from MyRadio.ua listed on Sonos but they have now disappeared, presumably due to a licencing issue but this one is still listed.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 15 May 2020, 20:44

@Frazips Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. Have you confirmed that TuneIn still provides those stations as part of their content? If not, have you tried searching these stations with an I Heart Radio account? If you can obtain the streaming URL from the radio station you can add it to play on your Sonos system.

View original

5 replies

@Frazips Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. Have you confirmed that TuneIn still provides those stations as part of their content? If not, have you tried searching these stations with an I Heart Radio account? If you can obtain the streaming URL from the radio station you can add it to play on your Sonos system.

Hi John, thanks for the reply and also for the link about adding a streaming URL; I did not realise that could be done easily! Thank you.

I have done more digging and the ‘MyRadio ANckoteka 90-x’ station very puzzling and I suspect that it is nothing to do with Sonos.  However in case someone has a bright answer what I have found is:

• listed on Sonos TuneIn listings, but does not play
  • listed on TuneIn app on Android, and station PLAYS
  • listed on TuneIn website, but does not play, although it does give the title of the track currently playing on the Android app…….
  • listed on many radio streaming websites, but does not play
  • the station’s own website is down.

So why it should play only on the TuneIn app on Android is a mystery?????

I shall have to succumb to playing it that way then through bluetooth to the Sonos. Could be worse!

Thanks for the link.

@Frazips You’re very welcome. What you are describing sounds like an issue with where the stream is originating from to be available to play on Sonos with TuneIn. I was also able to see a recent diagnostic report showing some network performance issues for Sonos on your network. There may also be environmental materials affecting your wifi performance and how Sonos can benefit from being wired with a Boost for Sonosnet. I would ask that you try to reduce wireless interference in your home environment and the wifi network. Next, I would ask that you power re-boot off/on your network equipment and Sonos equipment (7 devices) for 30 seconds with no lights. You can leave your extender powered off during this test. When the equipment is powering on the re-boot the device(s) running the Sonos app. After you are reconnected please test TuneIn and your station. I would also ask that try this with a free I Heart Radio account and see if your stations are available there. Next, please follow up with an updated diagnostic report number here with your testing results.

Lastly, you can power up the extender and try testing the radio stations streaming URL added to Sonos.

Hi John, thank you for your continued interest in this problem which is appreciated. I think however there may be a confusion between the problem I was discussing with Support last week concerning issues with connectivity by the app running on a Sony Xperia XA2, which led to the diagnostic report, and this query regarding a TuneIn station. 

I am satisfied that this particular query is now not a Sonos issue and thank you for your assistance.

@Frazips You’re welcome. The suggested steps were testing steps based on things that were showing up in your submitted diagnostic report number. If you start to notice drops, skips or issues grouping rooms. You can start with those testing steps. You can always reach out to us here in the Community in the future with your questions or troubleshooting needs.