Answered

My Mixatpez

• 21 March 2018
  • 1 reply

https://mymixtapez.com/

How do we add this as a music service option in the US? Based on some of the other free music services offered, I don't see any reason why this app would not be a prime candidate.

Currently there is now way to access mix tapes via the Sonos app, unless the files are already downloaded to your itunes library. The problem is compounded by the fact there is no YouTube service available either, which means there is a huge volume of music that is legally and freely available yet inaccessible for Sonos products.

The only work around is to use the speakers in conjunction with your TV, which limits your use and can prove to be an inconvenience (i.e. if there is something on TV you'd like to watch but not necessarily hear).

Provided we are paying a premium for high end sound equipment, I know I'd prefer not to be handcuffed as a customer, left only able to listen to music options Sonos chooses to allow.

Curious as to what steps are involved in adding a new music service to the app?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Edward R 23 March 2018, 12:29

Hi, johnnytwotabs. Any music streaming service is free to develop their service for our product. We have an open API on our product that allows for just that. It would be best to lobby My Mixtapez, as only they have the power to bring this to Sonos. Let us know if you have any further questions.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, johnnytwotabs. Any music streaming service is free to develop their service for our product. We have an open API on our product that allows for just that. It would be best to lobby My Mixtapez, as only they have the power to bring this to Sonos. Let us know if you have any further questions.