Answered

music stored?

• 31 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Every phone, computer, Apple TV, and SVS streamer turned off and powered down yet 1SL was playing music. In fact it’s playing a 67 song playlist which was last thing I was playing but with everything off where is the music coming from? 

icon

Best answer by buzz 31 March 2022, 04:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Think of the SONOS Apps as simple remote controls, they don’t store or play any music. As you have discovered, once the controllers start music playing, the controllers can be shut down because the players interact with the music directly. Some Apps, such as Spotify can play music through a SONOS system. in this case, shutting down the App will stop its music. Likewise, if a phone/tablet is streaming via AirPlay 2, shutting down that device will stop the music.

In my opinion this is a great feature. I’m a speed freak and I don’t like my computer being distracted by delivering music to a speaker. If the computer crashes or I need to take it down for an update, the music continues to play.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Welcome to Sonos.