Answered

Music service

• 8 May 2020
  • 6 replies

Please add Huawei music as a service to add for music listening.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 17 May 2020, 23:13

@Hotharley Sorry for  the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. We appreciate your feedback and feature request of adding a music partner to Sonos. I can share your request with our Sonos engineers, but I would also recommend that you make this request to Huawei music to be made available on your Sonos system as we do bot solicit music partners.

Do you by chance use an iOS device as the Sonos app controller, as well as a Sonos product that is compatible with the iOS Airplay feature? If you have the IKEA Bookshelf product that also uses the iOS Airplay feature on Sonos. This option could be a workaround for you until it became a music service option with Sonos.

View original

6 replies

@Hotharley Sorry for  the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. We appreciate your feedback and feature request of adding a music partner to Sonos. I can share your request with our Sonos engineers, but I would also recommend that you make this request to Huawei music to be made available on your Sonos system as we do bot solicit music partners.

Do you by chance use an iOS device as the Sonos app controller, as well as a Sonos product that is compatible with the iOS Airplay feature? If you have the IKEA Bookshelf product that also uses the iOS Airplay feature on Sonos. This option could be a workaround for you until it became a music service option with Sonos.

Hi John,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I do not use Apple products, so both your suggestions are not good for my application. I am an Android user of 9.0 and up. Thank you for the reply. Also, reaching out to Huawei is next to impossible considering the circumstances of their limited presence in the US.

@Hotharley You’re very welcome. I understand you, I am not an Apple user as well. I have never use that particular streaming service. If they offer streaming radio from other countries or regions and you can obtain that streaming URL. You could setup that streaming URL in Sonos with TuneIn.

I have a similar problem, I have playlists I can't add, and I don't find creating sonos playlist very intuitive. 

lets hope Huewei and Sonos solves it together, i love both firms, and i dont give a da** sh** to usa politiks try to control outside of american people choices, i have a Huawei P40 Pro with amarican hardware, and chiness software, beat it

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Just ask Huewei to go to https://musicpartners.sonos.com/ and sign up to be added to Sonos. Its not rocket science, just another REST API to implement on their service. Sonos have supported Chinese services for many years, politics are not relevant.