Question

music on this iphone no longer available

• 12 September 2019
  • 4 replies

I have the Playbar with 2No. Play:1’s as the rear speakers set up on my tv and a separate Play:1. As ‘music on this iPhone’ is no longer supported on the sonos app, and none of my speakers have airplay, my question is if I connect up the Symfonisk can I play music on my iPhone to my Sonos speakers via airplay using the Symfonisk?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi Conos

The answer is "YES". Start the Airplay on your Symfonisk speaker and then group your other speakers to it via the Sonos app.

Cheers!
Great, and thanks for the prompt response. Can I play sound just through my sonos speakers and have the symfonisk muted? I’m basically looking for the cheapest way to still play music from my iPhone onto my existing Sonos speakers and the Symfonisk seems the best option.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Great, and thanks for the prompt response. Can I play sound just through my sonos speakers and have the symfonisk muted? I’m basically looking for the cheapest way to still play music from my iPhone onto my existing Sonos speakers and the Symfonisk seems the best option.

As with any Group of speakers, the volume slider can either operate the whole group, or click on it first and it'll give individual sliders for each speak/speaker set.

Or the short answer: yes.
Excellent news! Thank you very much.
Saved me a lot of money!