Question

Music Library Path not showing but i think it works?

• 27 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi, I've had a music library setup in Sonos for 5 years and i thought it was working. But noticed in my settings that it's not showing in the Music Library Setup screen of the Android app.

But when go to search and search in the Music Library and go to Folder search,  it shows in there as \\PERSONALCLOUD\MUSIC. And it seems to do a Music Library update, but I'm not sure it is actually updating.

Why wouldn't it show in the setting? I try adding it again and it seems to accept, but still doesn't show in the settings to even delete it? I thought i might delete and re-add to refresh things, but it's not there to delete in the first place!

5 replies

If you go to the Folders view of your music library is the share shown there? 

If you have a Desktop Controller available on Windows/macOS see if the share is shown correctly there in Music Library Settings.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

If you go to the Folders view of your music library is the share shown there? 

If you have a Desktop Controller available on Windows/macOS see if the share is shown correctly there in Music Library Settings.

Yes shared folder is there in the foldera directory as mentioned above. It just doesn't show in the settings area of the app, therefore no way to delete it and refresh it. 

I'll see if i can get the desktop app going again, in thought awhile that stopped working for me

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

So in yes, Desktop Win 10 App works and i can delete the folder and reset it up. But still doesnt show in the Android App in settings. Must be an App bug. Hope it can be reported?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Interesting looks like a bug in the Android 11.1 application. Neither my Moto phone nor my Samsung tablet show the current music library under settings > System > Music Library > Music Library Setup. Everything else is working fine I can access and play from the music library fine by both categories and folders. Shows up fine in PC application

This is also a problem with the iOS app. The library and path are not shown in Settings even though in Music Library Setup it states “Your Sonos players access music from the shared folders listed below”. It’s just a blank space. The Folders view in Browse/Music Library does indeed show the path. If you have changed your NAS, the only way to remove the path to the old library is to use the desktop app which is only available for Mac and Windows. Tough luck if you use Linux. 

Poor show from Sonos!