MUSIC keeps stopping!

• 16 December 2017
  • 24 replies

this is getting so annoying! I would love to ditch my sonos! Has anyone figured out why this keeps happening!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

24 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
If you can supply more details, then someone might make suggestions.
When, what you're playing, what your set up is, your router, etc.

Problems get sorted but require more detail.
Same thing happening to me. Music just stops after a few songs. Has happened with my music library, Amazon and Pandora. I have a Play 5, Play 1 and a Connect Amp. I submitted diagnostic #8229939. Thanks!
Ok, I was having this issue about 6 months ago and I tried replacing the Ethernet cord just on a longshot and guess what?!! It worked perfectly! I recommended to the guys trying to help my with the problem from Sonos then that they mention this to people who have their music cutting in and out but I guess they didn't take it seriously. But this was after I tried everything that they suggested!
Lol I will give it a try. It just happened again! Diagnostic code #8230080
pall21, let us know if replacing the LAN cable resolves this for you. Can't imagine this is a universal fix.
Will do. I doubt it too. Thank you
Ok so I switched cables and rebooted. Still happening. Only difference is now it has happened mid song
So i found my old ipad that was not updated to the latest app. and it worked just fine. so it's got to be the new updates on the app. I have an iphone and new ipad and both of those are updated. Only one song will play and it stops. When I control with my old ipad. worked all day just fine. Please UPDATE the latest app or downgrade back to where it worked please.
Music constantly stops and the app says "No Music" push play and it starts again. Wtf? About had it with this.
The majority of these issues are a result of one of two problems. Frequently, it's Wifi Interference FAQ

However, if Sonos has done some software updates recently (as they have), then it can often expose an issue in your local wifi. Quick way to resolve this is to:

1) unplug all Sonos devices
2) reboot router
3) plug back in first Sonos device. If you have one connected with an ethernet cable, do that one first, otherwise choose the one that's physically closest to the router.
4) Once the first device has fully booted, move on and plug in the next Sonos device
5) Repeat 4) for as many Sonos devices you have.

The way to avoid having to do this process in the future is to pull out your router's manual, and figure out how to assign reserved IP addresses to your Sonos devices.
The majority of these issues are a result of one of two problems. Frequently, it's Wifi Interference FAQ

However, if Sonos has done some software updates recently (as they have), then it can often expose an issue in your local wifi. Quick way to resolve this is to:

1) unplug all Sonos devices
2) reboot router
3) plug back in first Sonos device. If you have one connected with an ethernet cable, do that one first, otherwise choose the one that's physically closest to the router.
4) Once the first device has fully booted, move on and plug in the next Sonos device
5) Repeat 4) for as many Sonos devices you have.

The way to avoid having to do this process in the future is to pull out your router's manual, and figure out how to assign reserved IP addresses to your Sonos devices.

I don't have manual for my router. I'm with Spectrum/TWC and it's they're router. So, do I ask them how to do it and will they?
Unfortunately, I've no idea. Perhaps call them and have a conversation with them?
Badge
Look at your router for a model number then do a Google search for it and "user manual".
Spoke to a SONOS rep about this. According to him it’s an interface issue between Pandora and SONOS
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hello, we also have this problem, is reserving ip addresses something recommended by sonos?? Also it seems to be happening more often when using spotify than apple music, but it also happens when streaming from stingray. Any help will be very welcome!
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Ho, if it’s any help i submitted a diagnostic : 239239900. Thanks again!
same problem on brand new MacBook. old MacBook no problem, never stopped. new Mac has more sleep settings but otherwise both computers are set up exactly the same and I don't have internet problems. this is new with my new Mac. so maybe some mysterious Mac setting??????
elaineford, it might help if you were to submit a diagnostic number, and then call in to Sonos. That would provide them the opportunity to look at more specifics about why this is happening on your MacBook.
We had just updated our router software and the music skipping/shutting off occurred just after that. I followed instructions as above (disconnecting one at a time, reboot router, plug back in one at a time) and this fixed the issue.
Note that that process is a "temporary" fix (could be permanent, it all depends on your router). In order to make a more permanent resistance to that process needing to be redone, look in to how to set up reserved IP addresses in your router's table. That keeps the circumstance that you dealt with by that process from recurring.
We are actually researching how to alter/make our own IP address due to recent virus issues attacking routers. We started by logging into Netgear and there was a software update and we also changed our password. Next step is unique IP address. Thanks for your reply
Ah, sounds like you're absolutely on the right track. Updating the firmware on your router is a great thing. And then setting reserved IP addresses for all of your connected devices, not just the Sonos, is a good thing, too. Good luck!
Not only Pandora, it happen with my Spotify too.
Diagnostic code: 1227597992
I have the same problem with my music cutting out. First I couldn't play music from my computer at all ( WMA files) then after converting to WAV files the music would cut out. Support suggested it was interference from my "guest" network . Closed the guest network and changed my wi-fi channels but music still cutting out. Most recent suggestion from Tech Support was to hard wire SONOS to router and convert files again to a compressed( i.e. lower fidelity) format. Seriously, i think I would have a better listening experience if I just broke out my old phonograph records.