Music from LAN issues

I'll submit a report when I can duplicate the issue. But until then, here are the details:

- Connect: hardwired

- 2 Play1's: wireless

- 1 Play3: wireless

- Static IPs for all four speakers

- Unraid docker for Plex for music server

-  all files are FLAC16/44 

I'm having the following issues since upgrading to S2:

- music will randomly stop playing on different speakers, then come back on

- improper formatting errors but I'm meticulous with my music, so the errors about proper formatting are not related to the FLAC files. They play on my computer just fine.

- unable to turn off the wireless option on the Connect, says that there is no Ethernet connection. Router says it is transmitting via Ethernet, so I'm not sure what that is about.

Those are the three big ones right now. The idea of having to redo all four again is not appealing. It feels like resets are needing to happen too frequently. Again this issue is primarily occurring with local music. I have lost connection with TuneIn, but that seems par for the course with that service.

Thanks much.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @rjross74.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue and it would be great to have a diagnostic report through your Sonos app.

You can reply back to us with the confirmation number.

I'd be glad to review your system further and it will also help in identifying what's causing the issue.

In the meantime, it might help also checking this article that provides common fixes for audio interruptions while playing your music library on Sonos.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out. 

Thank you. Here is a submission: 1130357662

The Connect cut out while the remaining speakers continued playing.

I have checked the channel suggestion and there doesn't seem to be any issues via my router nor the Sonos.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @rjross74.

Thank you for the response and for submitting a diagnostic report.

Upon checking the diagnostic, system has detected the audio dropouts, it shows that Sonos is experiencing poor wireless conditions.

Most often, these issues come as a result of wireless interference, which is commonly due to wireless congestion.

I recommend checking this article, it will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products.

Disabling the WiFi can be a useful option for Sonos components that don't need to use their wireless connections, like a set of Connects or Connect: Amps that are installed in a rack mount.

Resetting the Sonos products to factory default is not a recommended troubleshooting step for it will delete all the data on the device.

Instead, it’s always worth a try choosing a SonosNet channel that does not contain interference, here’s how:

• Open the Sonos app and go to Settings > System > Network > SonosNet Channel
  • Change Sonos to a different wireless channel than was previously being used. (1,6,11)
  • Wait for 3 minutes and get a new diagnostic, please reply with the confirmation number so I can take a look and see if the interference was reduced.
  • Test it and try to play music, please note for any issues you will notice.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

This time the Connect stop playing temporarily, while the other speakers continued. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @rjross74.

Thanks for your response and your effort in submitting the report diagnostics.

Upon checking on the diagnostic result, I still see here audio dropouts due to large sync errors.

I noticed that the players are currently ‘grouped’, and the Group Coordinator is the Sonos: Connect.

Can you ungroup the player and try playing the music just on the Sonos: Connect?

Then, please submit a new diagnostic report, so I can review if there are changes.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Attempted to listen solely thru the Connect. Sonos app stated that it could not make a connection with Plex each of three attempts. 

I hard closed the Sonos app and attempted again with the same result.

Plex is working via Plexamp, Plex via Roku, and Plex via https. The server and music files are working.

These issues have become so much more frequent and invasive with the transition to the S2 app. I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the amount of time I'm having to spend with y'all online doing quality control. This is not a beta.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @rjross74.

Thanks for the response and for the update.

I definitely understand where you’re coming from, and appreciate your precious time.

I was able to check the diagnostic result here and it still shows the same errors that cause a communication failure.

At this point, it might be best to contact Sonos Support to further investigate and take a closer look at this in real-time.

I suggest phone support because they have more resources available for advanced troubleshooting.

The toll-free contact number is 1-800-680-2345

Their hours of operations are Mon-Fri 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out

Hi @rjross74,

did you ever get this resolved? Appreciate you sharing the outcome or any learnings

I have very similar issue with my setup of Play3s and have not been able to resolve…. All since moving to S2 😩

thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @elddum.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

To better understand, can you tell us more of what’s going on, then kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Alternatively, you may reach out to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time and expedite the process. I suggest phone support because they have more resources and tools available on their system for advanced troubleshooting.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi @Annazel S 

I must say it is disappointing that I get a response to a brief reply on an existing post, yet my post which details the problem and provides a diagnostic number (below) does not. Appreciate if you could hop over to that post and take a look. Your help would be greatly appreciated!