Multiple Spotify Accounts

• 11 October 2017
  • 11 replies

I own a dance studio and previously had all of my instructors spotify accounts linked into our Sonos system. With this latest update (complete garbage UI) we now seem to be limited to 1 spotify account.... even though we can have multiple google music accounts linked up. We all primarily use Spotify.... is there a way around this that I'm just not seeing?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Great Video that helps. It looks like to me it tries to login with the Spotify account that is on your phone. So if your using your phone to add it goes to your Spotify app and then thinks its already setup. In your Spotify app on the phone log out your account and log in your girlfriends (or do it from the Sonos app on her phone). It looks like then it should add her account instead of trying to re-add yours.

I didn't think it used to be that way - but maybe they have changed things with the Spotify direct integration. Which hopefully your aware she can also play direct for the Spotify app on her phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, all. Chris is correct. Please try logging out of Spotify on your respective devices (within Spotify itself). Then attempt to add the service again. If this does not work, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. I have also forwarded this feedback to our development team as in-app, we are quite clearly stating "Add Another account" and it is still reverting to the incorrect one. It's important that they know about this, thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Userlevel 1
Got the same problem at home. Sonos only displays my spouses account which is beyond crap since me and the kids of course want our own accounts to show on our devices. Otherwise half the meaning of Spotify family is lost. PLEASE Sonos, correct this! Preferably yesterday.
Same here. Having just signed up for Spotify Family, my partner is pretty annoyed she can't see her playlists on the SONOS app. Will there be the function to link multiple Spotify accounts to SONOS??
Userlevel 1
Same boat - would like to choose my playlist rather than one of my son's playlists.
Fix this please Sonos, this is a joke trying to explain to my girlfriend why she can not play her own playlists..
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There is nothing to fix as it’s not broken. Enter all your Spotify accounts in settings. Music services. Then go to the browse button and ipennspotify in Sonos. The header at the top will show you the current Spotify account your working from. Change it to whichever account you want to control Each controller will remember last used account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Fix this please Sonos, this is a joke trying to explain to my girlfriend why she can not play her own playlists..
How to do this is fully documented at: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2768/~/how-to-add-a-music-service-to-sonos
Hi Chris and pwt, I don't seem to be as luckly here..
When I got to add an additional Spotify it comes back with the attached error..
Here is a video, is this the right path?