Answered

Multiple Spotify Accounts

• 5 June 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
I have a Napster subscription which is my primary music service for my Sonos (it often comes up as being "the best" to use with Sonos).
My son is a big Spotify user. Both accounts are register with my Sonos system and work fine.
I am now considering moving to Spotify, but before signing up for a Premium account I want to know first is it possible to register multiple Spotify accounts in the Sonos app?
And if so, is it also possible to keep the two separate? My son's playlists and "my music" are very different to mine.
icon

Best answer by Marto69 5 June 2017, 19:26

I have a Family Account with Spotify and all 5 family member accounts (in effect 5 separate Premium accounts with separate log in credentials) have been added to the Sonos App (its in settings somewhere to add another user account to Spotify

All are indeed completely independent of each others playlists etc

On each Sonos controller you can set your default Spotify Account and if needed you can easily toggle between the different Spotify Accounts on the App - we have a family Ipad and I often need to toggle to my Spotify account to get my playlists - Very Very easy

I am also pretty certain that well are all able to send instructions to Sonos from within the Spotify App also - its all rather pleasing to be honest and the Sonos App and Spotify App are synchronised very efficiently - you should not hesitate.

Hope this helps
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge
I have a Family Account with Spotify and all 5 family member accounts (in effect 5 separate Premium accounts with separate log in credentials) have been added to the Sonos App (its in settings somewhere to add another user account to Spotify

All are indeed completely independent of each others playlists etc

On each Sonos controller you can set your default Spotify Account and if needed you can easily toggle between the different Spotify Accounts on the App - we have a family Ipad and I often need to toggle to my Spotify account to get my playlists - Very Very easy

I am also pretty certain that well are all able to send instructions to Sonos from within the Spotify App also - its all rather pleasing to be honest and the Sonos App and Spotify App are synchronised very efficiently - you should not hesitate.

Hope this helps
Userlevel 1
Could you elaborate? I am also using an iPad
I am logged into my Spotify account (see my playlists), but in Sonos I see my son's Spotify list.
Are you using multiple users on the iPad, and logging into your own account where you set Sonos to your spotify? And then your another member of the family logs into their account on the iPad in in Sonos is has their account?

thanks