Answered

Multi-room from aged macbook

• 17 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I am trying to help a friend set up a 3 zone multi room system. The music source is an old macbook (ios 10.6.8) and iTunes. The macbook cannot be updated to accept Sonos controller, but itunes works, as does wifi and bluetooth. Is there any way of creating a Sonos solution ?
icon

Best answer by ratty 17 March 2018, 17:11

The Macbook is much too old to run the Sonos controller. However it can still act as a file store for sharing music to a Sonos system. You'd just need another device to run the controller app.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks again Ratty. I am planning to try it out with my Play 3 and Play 5 controlled via ipad or iphone. I think it will work. To get WiFi I will use an old BT router - my friend does not want an internet connection, which is just as well because all this is happening in rural France. If all goes to plan my friend will buy 3 Play 1s, using my £100 voucher which Sonos have given me as some sort of sweetener for killing my 2 CR100s. Huh.
The Macbook is much too old to run the Sonos controller. However it can still act as a file store for sharing music to a Sonos system. You'd just need another device to run the controller app.