More Apple Music Integration

• 12 April 2016
  • 5 replies

Can we get some of Apple Musics API included in the SONOS app? I have seen other apps/games use Apple Music buttons before, so it's possible. One thing I love about Apple Music is discovery and the ability to add any song I'm listening to onto my library. The heart button would be appreciated as well. If nothing else at least a hotlink button that takes you to the current song inside Apple Music app.

What do you think?
Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Agreed. It's really lacking basic functionality.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
What does Apple say about it?
Sonos can't do it.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Agreed - I was hoping the latest update would include this...at the moment I have to go outside the Sonos app and into the Music app to "love" a song, so that Apple Music can learn about me (and then therefore the "Sonos" Apple Music can too.

It's cumbersome though. In some ways, I get why the Sonos implementation is the way it is, because it's trying to be an app that encompasses all kinds of music services. In other ways though, it's flawed, and if I want to take advantage of only one service, I should be able to do so.
I know this is an old post. But I'm bumping it because I'm really missing the "heart" button in Apple Music. It's cumbersome to hear a song I like coming through my Sonos system and have to open up Apple Music on my iPhone, search for the song and then like it from there.
I know this is an old post. But I'm bumping it because I'm really missing the "heart" button in Apple Music. It's cumbersome to hear a song I like coming through my Sonos system and have to open up Apple Music on my iPhone, search for the song and then like it from there.

The look and functionality of a service within the Sonos app is the responsibility of the service itself. Sonos simply supplies an API and the service (in this case, Apple) does the implementation. So while it is perfectly fine to request changes here, it will be far more fruitful if you lobby Apple directly.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings