Answered

Mixcloud skips tracks after 30-40 minutes

• 3 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I play mixes on Mixcloud other peoples and my own and after 30 min or more it’ll skip to the next mix. This has been happening for a very long time but as I don’t use it much I’ve never bothered to report it. However now in lockdown so using it a lot now. Diagnostics number is: 612132602

can someone please help?

icon

Best answer by Jean C. 3 April 2020, 19:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @justy dusty,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your playback issue.

I can see that the WiFi interfaces on several of your players have been manually disabled. 

You may want to keep that enabled so that it does not interfere with other playback processes. 

Do any other music services behave this way?

Are you starting playback through the Sonos app directly or are you using Airplay to broadcast to Sonos?

Does this playback behavior occur on all speakers or just certain ones? 

I can see that your home WiFi channel and your Sonosnet channel are the same.

Can you change your Sonosnet Channel to either 6 or 1 to remove the possibility that network interference could be at the root of this issue?   

Userlevel 1

This may be related to this thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/mixcloud-skips-tracks-6838481

I’m having the same issue.

Hi I am also having issues with Mixcloud 

Playing longer sets can be 1-3 hours long. It will either:

• Not play
  • Play for about 30/30 mins and then stop 
  • Refuses to reconnect and play
  • Skips all the way to another session / track and repeat 

Steps taken 

• Unplugged both power and ethernet 
  • Restarted Virgin media hub
  • Removed MixCloud service and added 3 times
  • Changed from Channel 6 to channel 1
  • Same issue via app and via the web

Get error message - “Unable to play ‘Track Name’ - Unable to connect to Mixcloud’ 

Please fix as it is really frustrating as I don't know where I am in the mix I am playing back!!

Diagnostics # 100995644 

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Klaus2020, thank you for reaching us in the Sonos Community and for bringing this to our attention. I understand the situation you’re in. I appreciate all your effort in checking for the resolution and for submitting the diagnostic report. Let us help you out.

Upon checking, there’s a network-related issue in your Sonos system. This usually caused by network communication, either between Sonos devices and your router or between Sonos and the internet.

I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps to provide you the best option.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Same problem here. Added Mixcloud just yesterday. After approx. 30 mins of playing, it stops. Restarting the track immediately almost never works. After some time, it does.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @GaaseVaase, thank you for reaching us here in the Sonos community. I appreciate you for letting us know about your concern and what you have done so far. Let me help you out on this.

Upon checking the status of our music services, there's no reported issue on Mixcloud. I'll be asking you some questions to provide you a solution.

1. Do you experience the same on other music services?
2. On which speaker are you experiencing the issue? All or specific? During group or individual playback?
3. Do you experience the same if you play music directly from the Mixcloud app? How about from the Mixcloud website?
4. Do you have a Sonos device wired to your router?

Please try to play music to test the playback on Mixcloud for a few minutes then run a diagnostic from the Sonos app. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.