mixcloud and soundcloud?

Badge
how is it possible to play this with sonos?
cheers

13 replies

Badge
Depends on your set up, I play soundcloud on iPhone via airplay to my Apple TV which is connected to my tv and Sonos also connected to tv so it plays through my Sonos
Thanks
Badge
thank you bruce.
yes, i "explored" the airplay thingy.. however, i do need to buy a device with an input. (play5 or connect/amp)
i am looking to get the bar, but there is only an optical in, no sound insert.
is there no option to play/stream the output sound of a computer (where the sonos software is installed) to the sonos system? after all, this is the most basic thing of a speaker, to play what is coming out of the device it is connected to (physicaly or wirelessly..)..
i understand the possible issue sonos might have with playing from an iphone, but from a pc or an android device?
playing all the music in the world? mmm.. this statement need to be revised as in my view it is not true..
as much as i like sonos, this, to me, is a major flaw/bug.
i posted in the ask.sonos.com but it doesn't seems like anyone look/answer you there..
Badge
actually, jsut did a search in the ask.sonos and souncloud seems to be in the pipeline.. that was 11 month ago.. mmm...:rolleyes:
Badge
and my previous reply? where is it gone? weird..
Badge
also, this ask.sono.com thread is talking about streaming from a computer.. at least, this could be a start..

https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/allow_sonos_to_monitor_what_computer_is_streaming
Badge
Hi froggzy

I'm probably not the best person to answer your query, there may be ways to stream direct to a Sonos zone but I am unsure how to do it, my set up is through an Apple TV which is connected to a tv which also has a playbar connected to it, to stream soundcloud to a play5 or connect I couldn't tell you how to do, there may be a way with an AirPort Extreme connected but I don't know if that can be done as I don't have an AirPort Extreme , hopefully someone more knowledgeable can answer you. Wish you luck on sorting this
Thanks bruce
Badge
thank's again for your help Bruce, much apreciated :)
however, after reading varios subject on ask.sonos.com, i can see that i ma not the only one to want this service or to be able to output the computuer/tablet sound to your sound system.
as said before, when you plug a pair of speakers to your pc, it plays the sound outputed from that computer. so, i (few of us actually) think this basic function should also be do-able with sonos sound system. after all, this is what you buy speakers for, wireless or not. having the wireless extremely advantageous capabilities but in the mean time, taking away that basic feature is to me beyond comprehension.. especially on such an expensive piece of kit...🆒
froggzy wrote:

... i can see that i ma not the only one to want this service or to be able to output the computuer/tablet sound to your sound system.

...so, i (few of us actually) think this basic function should also be do-able with sonos sound system. after all, this is what you buy speakers for, wireless or not. having the wireless extremely advantageous capabilities but in the mean time, taking away that basic feature is to me beyond comprehension.. especially on such an expensive piece of kit...🆒

You should read this Thread - All of it. It will illuminate what hurdles there may be in getting a PC/Mac to perform as a Sonos Zone.

http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=3004

Wanting it, and thinking that the concept is easy, is not the same as successfully implementing it (especially multi-Zone syncing). And, if implementable: Does it make good business sense from Sonos' perspective.

Best of Luck
Buegie wrote:

You should read this Thread - All of it.

Err.... I believe the OP wanted to stream from the computer, not to it.

That feature request is 'under consideration'.
ratty wrote:

Err.... I believe the OP wanted to stream from the computer, not to it.

Aahh, yes. You are correct, sir.
Badge
hi guys,
yes, ratty is correct, i don't want to use a pc as a sono zone, i want the sound coming out of my pc (or android or iphone) , from any source (sound file, video, streaming like soundcloud, my space ect..) to be outputed to my sonos system. like a normal speaker that you plug on the output of your sound cards. pretty basic stuff really.
this would at least, overcome the urge for sonos to register the like of soundcloud for example. it take them 12 month to not sort this out (reading various thread out there.. but it took one guys to make it ready in a matter of days..
http://www.hirahim.com/projects/sonos-soundcloud/
anyhow, outputting the sound from a computer to a speaker is the basic, not having it is like having a ferrari but because the car is so beautiful and powerful, let's take the wheel out because it is not needed anymore. analogy is not that good but i think you get my point :D
i did select the me too on the link ratty provided, and it is good that it is under consideration. i want to buy more of this wonderful product, but this (and the fact that the bar is not hdmi, only optical..) makes me think twice about it...
believe me, i think this is a show stopper for many would be customers as the system is not what we could call cheap. quality is there, definitely, but lacking some basic function such as these is greatly undermining the overall product..
again, i love the concept and product, just those little "anomalies" make my experience with it a tad bit annoying..
remember, they says "any music in the world" which in theory, yes, but in practice, you need other component (like air play, or plug a device on the audio in, which mean buying at least a play 5 ect...) and that is breaking their excellent concept to the core..
Badge
hi all,

ok, i have something, free, for pc that achieve what i want to do.
got there, download the app, install it
http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/?source=swyh
once installed and running right click the tray icon, select tool, http live streaming, copy the url.
then in sonos application, go to manage, add radio station, paste the URL and name it.
go to my radio station, select the radio you just created, play, et voila!! (of course, play something on your pc first..)
what is good with this app is that it's free, and if you put down the volu,me of the pc the music still plays in the sonos.
this way you can play sound cloud, mixcloud or any other stuff, it is being replicated to the sonos!
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the hint to use "Stream What You Hear"
Maybe this tutorial for Soundcloud integration helps as well... It has been working for me since quite a while... Unfortunately I cannot post links here, so pelase go to Google und look for "sonos mit soundcloud site:stadt-bremerhaven.de". Should be the first hit.
Looking forward to "real" Sound- and Mixcloud Support for Sonos!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings