Question

Missing songs on playlist

• 6 November 2016
  • 5 replies

Hi. Please help me with this problem. I set up a playlist of 171 songs on my iPhone. I can access all of these songs and play them on my iPhone touch. My Sonos app is set up on my iPhone touch. When I open this playlist on the Sonos app under the tab 'on this iPod touch' , only 10 of the 171 songs show. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

There's 2 possibilities, I think.

First, it's possible that all but 10 of the songs aren't really on your iPhone (?) touch, they're actually in the cloud, being streamed. This would make them not show up in the Sonos app.

The other option I can think of is that they have some sort of DRM/format that isn't supported/read by Sonos, but is by the Apple Music App.

Hope this helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Avalanche98. As has been stated by Airgetlam, the songs are most likely stored on the cloud which will render them unplayable by Sonos. Please check this article as it documents some of the basic steps to take and things to check when trying to play from an iOS controller.
Thanks so much Airgetlam and Edward R! Sorry Airgetlam, I meant IPod Touch
No worries, other than my concern that there was an Apple model I didn't know about 🙂 Hope that you've been able to resolve your issues!
Yes, I finally figured it out. Every track plays now. Thanks!