Question

• 17 February 2020
  • 9 replies

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I have searched various topics under this question, but there doesn’t seem to be an apparent fix. 

Basically, my “My Sonos” playlist that i have built over time , now no longer plays a whole heap of songs and skips until it finds one it likes. The playlist has played perfectly well, but i have had problems for the last few months and finally got around to reporting it.

The songs all come from my paid music service Amazon Music. I have added more songs to the playlist today and seem to play ok, just ones that have been in there for some time, extremely enfuriating!

I have submitted a diagnostic test 1266599825, i have rebooted the Play 3 speaker too. My router is the same as when it has played correctly and i have a healthy fibre to cabinet connection.

Please help!

Andy

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

While you wait for a Sonos rep to look at that diagnostic, try first rebooting your router, followed by a reboot of all of your Sonos devices. This will ensure that the router picks up any new data from upstream, and then gets carried downstream to the speakers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I have had issues with Amazon playlists or Station links breaking, no clue why and looking at them shows nothing wrong. Adding the same station or song results in a double entry in the list, one working and one not.

It will be interesting to see what Sonos has to say on that diagnostic.

Hi All,

I have tried all of the router and speaker reboots, it changes nothing. I had to rebuild the playlist once before when i moved from Deezer to Amazon music. This playlist has played fine for 18 months, now all of a sudden 80% of it won’t play, “not encoded correctly”. The router hasn’t changed, the speaker position hasn’t changed. I don’t want to have to rebuild a 140 song playlist that played perfectly fine, and then suddenly stopped.

The only thing i’m not sure about was if it stopped playing correctly after the last Sonos update…..

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Andy, 

We are aware of an issue affecting certain content in Amazon Music playlists and have reported it to Amazon. How about we move this conversation to DM so I can gather some more information about your system.

Andy, 

We are aware of an issue affecting certain content in Amazon Music playlists and have reported it to Amazon. How about we move this conversation to DM so I can gather some more information about your system.

Hi Sebastian,

No problem. How do we DM from here?

Andy

Hi Sebastian,

No problem. How do we DM from here?

Andy

Click on the member’s name at the top of their post.  Then click the ‘Send Message’ button.

Did it ever get fixed for you?? I'm having the exact same problem with playlists I have made over time (through Amazon music). It keeps playing pieces of songs here and there and will occasionally give me the encoding error. However,  I am also having issues with my spotify albums and playlists (that play perfectly fine using spotify to bluetooth headphones etc.) except now the error message says there's a problem adding music to the queue.  What's going on???

No it isn't fixed. I had several DM's and emailed them a couple of weeks ago to see where it was at . They are no further on to be honest, they said it was with Amazon, 2 months on it seemed a pointless exercise as it's still not fixed and hugely frustrating 😔

Call them.  They have always been helpful with my issues and yesterday was no expedition.   The wait to get hold of someone was pretty long,  but worth it. We ended up removing my bridge and going through Wifi... not sure what might have been done on their end,  but I can listen to all my music/ playlists again :)