Question

Making Pocketcasts work with Sonos

• 15 April 2019
  • 3 replies

I've just signed up for Pocketcasts - the App is on my phone and I've added it to my sonos system. But, never having used it before, I can't work out how to listen to podcasts through Sonos. Can someone give me a step by step guide? Thanks. Roger

3 replies

Hate to bring up an old thread, but this is my exact problem. 

“So use the mobile PocketCast app or desktop version and find podcasts you want and subscribe from there. They will then appear in the Sonos PocketCast API” I do this, as I have done for years now, but it has stopped updating the Pocketcasts part inside the Sonos app for me. It no longer shows new casts I subscribe to, or removes casts that I unsub to. 

Sonos also does not remember my position in the cast anymore, if I just hit play down at the play-bar in the app. If I do that, it just starts the podcast from 0.00.00 again. I found a workaround for this though, If I browse into Pocketcasts within sonos, find the correct show and the correct episode and tap it here, it resumes my current position. The same thing happens with Audible, Sonos does not remember my position. Here I have not found a workaround though, making Audible utterly useless within Sonos. 

I have tried uninstalling Sonos and Pocketcasts, I have tried removing Pocketcasts and Audible from services within Sonos and re-adding them, I have tried logging into different accounts on Pocketcasts and adding them to Sonos services. 

Nothing works, the Pocketcasts within Sonos just shows podcasts I subscribed to years ago, no matter how many of them are unsubbed now or how many new ones are subbed to. 

Do you have any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
There doesn't seem to be a way to search for podcasts to add to PocketCasts from within the Sonos PocketCast API.

So use the mobile PocketCast app or desktop version and find podcasts you want and subscribe from there. They will then appear in the Sonos PocketCast API
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I can't work out how to listen to podcasts through Sonos.
On the Sonos mobile apps: Browse > Pocket Casts > Podcasts.