Macro / presets

• 22 September 2005
  • 61 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

61 replies

That's what the "Favorites" screen is for, add the most commonly used stations in there (dunno if it works for playlists, I don't use them).

I can confirm that the "Favorites" selection also works perfectly for Playlists.

Best of Luck
Badge
It does, and I use favorites for most everything, but it still requires pressing zone, music button, favorites, playlist selection, play now. I am not at my Sonos right now, so that is from memory, but it is still usually around 5 presses on a phone controller.

If there were some preset/favorites options from the home or music screen, it would reduce that some. Just removing the last "play now" button press would help a little. I think the other option is "info," but I never use that. It is just not a very efficient user interface, and anything that can get my music playing with fewer screen taps makes me more likely to use it more frequently.

EDIT: Actually, make that more like 7 presses (I forgot about Play All tracks and some other press).
I dream of being able to save room volume settings with a Playlist.

I wish for a way to save Volume levels anywhere other then the Alarm settings.

Please?

Thanks for listening...

David
Userlevel 2
The Sonos Controller app should include quick access presets that include a combination of the music source, a combination of speakers, and volume settings for each speaker.

It often requires many taps through several menus to return to a frequently used configuration of source and speakers and volume. But a single button added to the home screen could bring up a Quick Access menu. That menu would contain pre-programmed "sonic scenes" a user could select with one more tap.

For example, I'd have a preset for the speakers and volume settings I use to listen to NPR in the morning and evening. Making this and other predefined "scenes" available with just two taps would dramatically enhance the usability of the Controller App.

Thanks for considering my idea.
Rip

Suggested tags: controller, app, presets, quick access, convenience
Userlevel 2
Please enable group volume presets for all zones.
Userlevel 1
Badge
It has been 10 years since this feature was requested. 10 years! I would actually buy more Sonos speakers if it wasn't such a pain to reconfigure everything constantly.

Seriously, this must be easy to implement??
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It has been 10 years since this feature was requested. 10 years! I would actually buy more Sonos speakers if it wasn't such a pain to reconfigure everything constantly.

it's hardly a pain to group/ungroup rooms. It takes seconds. In fact less than seconds.

If you're suggesting you have to re-configure because your current groups are lost then you have network issues you need to resolve as groups will remain unless un-grouped or you turn speakers off or you have network issue.
Userlevel 1
Badge

it's hardly a pain to group/ungroup rooms. It takes seconds. In fact less than seconds.

If you're suggesting you have to re-configure because your current groups are lost then you have network issues you need to resolve as groups will remain unless un-grouped or you turn speakers off or you have network issue.

I can't agree Stuart.

So in my situation, I have a Play 5 connected to the television through via the line in. It's usually used like a Playbar (which is too big for my situation). I have a Play1 in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom.

In the morning, I have an alarm set in the bedroom to bring on the radio. I'd like to be able to have the radio playing on all speakers every morning. Sometimes I want to have the line in from the TV playing on the Play 5 as well as in the kitchen so I can hear the tv moving from room to room. The volume needs to be turned right up for the line in vs radio.

These are just a couple of scenarios, where input/speaker combo/volume need to be re-adjusted each time. It doesn't take "less than seconds" as you suggest.

This is why I want presets, available on the first screen of the App, and to be able to apply them to alarms.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Can't believe this suggestion is a decade old and Sonos hasn't implemented it yet. Their end of August, 2016 announcement had better be the most superb integration with Amazon's Alexa voice control ever or else!
Badge
So.... I guess Sonos doesn't listen to customers.... Cuz.... this is one of the most (if not the most) requested feature and it's been outstanding for YEARS. So thanks for keeping us in the past and always wishing Sonos!