Answered

Mac won't let Sonos connect

• 8 April 2018
  • 3 replies

My Mac Mini is new and fully up to date. Firewall sharing for Sonos is on. However, when I try to have Sonos add my music library Sonos says "The Computer "StevesNewMini" refused to let Sonos connect to it. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 13 April 2018, 00:22

Thanks for the diagnostic, stevencfletcher. When it comes to music libraries not being able to connect and being specifically "refused", it normally points to a problem with sharing permissions either on the operating system or the network itself. Essentially, Sonos can see the destination but is simply being told "No" when trying to communicate.

Typically, I recommend giving our support technicians a call. They are able to set up a remote session and get a closer look at how Sonos is set up on the network along with any file and networking permissions that need to get set or adjusted. Thanks again!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, stevencfletcher. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause for you. Many thanks in advance.
Your confirmation number is: 1021622934.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the diagnostic, stevencfletcher. When it comes to music libraries not being able to connect and being specifically "refused", it normally points to a problem with sharing permissions either on the operating system or the network itself. Essentially, Sonos can see the destination but is simply being told "No" when trying to communicate.

Typically, I recommend giving our support technicians a call. They are able to set up a remote session and get a closer look at how Sonos is set up on the network along with any file and networking permissions that need to get set or adjusted. Thanks again!