Answered

Mac Sonos does not reognize Apple Music already authorized

• 5 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
When trying to access my Apple Music on my Mac Sonos app it says I need to reauthorize on an IOS device. So I added it on using my iPhone but the Mac App still says I need to reauthorize.

This brings up a secondary question: can you not use Apple Music on the Mac app if you don't have a smartphone? Doesn't seem right.
icon

Best answer by edbro 5 October 2018, 20:42

I figured it out. When I reauthorized on my iPhone I used a slightly different name. JohnDoe vs John_Doe like I must have done before. I did not see the little dropdown arrow on the Mac app where you can choose the account name. I chose the correct one and all is good.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

That indeed doesn't sound right.

So, you've authorized Apple music on your iOS device, yet your Mac is asking you to still do so? As far as I know, the "authorization token" is stored at the speaker level, not in the controller, so I have to ask, how certain are you that your Mac and iOS devices are connecting to the same Sonos system....i.e. is there any chance that you've got two separate Sonos systems running?

I think I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic from both devices, the iOS one, and the Mac, and let Sonos take a look at what might be going on. Just be sure to post the numbers here, so that they know what they're looking for in the two submissions.
Userlevel 2
I figured it out. When I reauthorized on my iPhone I used a slightly different name. JohnDoe vs John_Doe like I must have done before. I did not see the little dropdown arrow on the Mac app where you can choose the account name. I chose the correct one and all is good.
Awesome. Delighted it was easy to figure out 🙂