Answered

Mac Big Sur Won't Connect to Sonos

• 16 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I just updated my Macbook Air to Big Sur but now can’t connect Sonos.

I’ve got a playlist that uses files in the download folder but it says it can’t connect.

Driving me slightly nuts!!

Diagnostic reference 1444447949.

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 15 January 2021, 21:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @JoJo56.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

The Sonos app can show a “not responding” error when your Sonos system is having trouble connecting to your music library. The error will include the network name of the computer or device that Sonos is trying to connect with. This error means that Sonos is able to see the computer on the network, but the computer isn’t responding to the sharing request. Sonos is connecting to the correct device, but the device isn’t letting Sonos through. You can find more information in our article on troubleshooting problems with the music library.

Alternatively, you may reach out to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time and expedite the process. I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the computer/controller to see what's going on.

When calling, you can help us by also having a Mac or Windows computer available so we have the option to perform any hands-on troubleshooting and testing as needed.​

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.

Have done all of that - and spoken to Apple and spoken to Sonos and no one can fix it!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @JoJo56.

Thanks for your response.

I’ve found this relevant thread and I see that it contains helpful suggestions that you can consider, please see this link:

If that still doesn’t help, please reach out back to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time and expedite the process. I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the computer/controller to see what's going on.

When calling, you can help us by also having a Mac or Windows computer available so we have the option to perform any hands-on troubleshooting and testing as needed.​

Let us know how that goes.

Wish I could say it was that easy. I can’t even play music with out sonos going haywire. It looses connection, station drop out, local library can not be found.

2019 16” Macbook pro

Big Sur OS 11.1

Everything worked fine on my 2015 15” Macbook Pro Mojave OS.

Being I’m pout of the US getting phone support is out of the question. 

I’ve followed your links read other solutions still no joy in mudville.

Can not get Sonos to work via laptop or phone app for any length of time.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ru2far2c.

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to know about the experience.

Due to the nature of this issue, and if all the above advice was followed, it would be best to have our phone team continue working with you in real-time. Please call us up, our phone number can be found here, they'll start with checking your system health and go from there. They have resources available for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on. When calling, you can help us by also having the affected Mac computer available so we have the option to perform any hands-on troubleshooting and testing as needed.​

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Annazel-

Thanks for the follow up.

Unfortunately my country is not in your phone list.

Still will see my music library. Ugh.