Answered

Lyra and Sonos connection

• 27 October 2017
  • 5 replies

I have checked but I haven’t found a reply that works. I need help connection my Sonos to my Lyra to allow me to play my music apps. Otherwise I have to airplay to Apple TV to be played on my TV which is connected to my Sonos. I had it connected with my regular router before but now that I have swapped to Lyra, it can’t connect 😞 please help
icon

Best answer by Chris 27 October 2017, 12:46

Easiest way is to take one sonos speaker and hard wire it to the Lyra. Give it a few minutes and should come up on your controller as normal. Then go into Sonos settings... advanced... WiFi setup. Once complete WiFi setup you can unplug the speaker from the Lyra and place it back where it was.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Easiest way is to take one sonos speaker and hard wire it to the Lyra. Give it a few minutes and should come up on your controller as normal. Then go into Sonos settings... advanced... WiFi setup. Once complete WiFi setup you can unplug the speaker from the Lyra and place it back where it was.
My Sonos playbar is screwed onto the bedroom wall. I can’t remove it as the wires had been placed behind the plaster wall.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
A Lyra could be moved by it.

Otherwise see info here https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1072?utm_source=cr-care&utm_medium=snf-newap&utm_content=english-cr-care-snf-newap
Thanks! Will try it tomorrow morning. 🙂
In my case; Connect the Sonos Connect directly with an ethernet cable to the first Lyra. The Connect wil reconnect (blinking white light). After this is complete, the Sonos Apps (iOS, WIndows) and connected Sonos components work as they used to.