Answered

low volume from turntable

• 27 February 2020
  • 4 replies

I just took delivery of a Sonos Play 5 and a Pro-Jett Essential III turntable and the volume coming from the turntable is unacceptable. Yes I have checked the connections. Yes I have gone into the app and adjusted the line in settings. 

I have all of the settings set to max volume for the turntable and I get low background levels of sound. If I switch to streaming music I have to lower the volume or be blown out of the room. 

Sadly if I can’t get this resolved I will ship back the entire order  

icon

Best answer by jgatie 27 February 2020, 17:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Make sure the Phono/Line Output switch is set to “Line Output”.  The switch is on the back of the unit, near the RCA outputs.  See here:

Thanks all good. 

Thanks for this, that solved my problem. I can’t believe Sonos doesn’t provide this info anywhere. The Pro-Ject instructions are completely useless.

Solved my problem too! Thanks. I thought I needed to buy an amp! There is a switch on the Audio Technica and it was set on phono. As soon as I switched to line, volume!