Answered

Losing connection to Amazon

I have a Sonos One, Beam & Move. All are run from wifi.

I have always had issues with wifi and connecting to my Move. For this reason, I bought a tp-link to give a better signal on the ground floor of my house. Since this, the connections have been brilliant.

However, I recently started using Amazon Prime as a streaming service. I added this successfully to my Sonos app and started streaming. The 1st occasion that I used the service, it worked well for about 30 minutes and then just stopped. I got the dreaded ‘Unable to connect to Sonos’ message and after switching off and on managed to obtain a connection. I thought that this was just a glitch so ignored it. However, this has now happened every time that I have streamed using Amazon. Everything works perfectly well to start with and then after an arbitrary time (usually between 30 and 60 minutes) it simply stops.

This morning whilst I was using the service, I checked my app to find the ‘cannot connect to Sonos’ message on my phone which was slightly bizarre as the Amazon music was still playing through my Move! Needless to say, after about an hour the music suddenly stopped and I had to reconnect the Move to the app.

How can I stop this happening? Any help would be gratefully received.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 May 2021, 10:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Geoff Fitzsimmons 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The Move playing while the app indicates no connection is symptomatic of a communication issue between your app and Sonos system.

I notice you’re in the UK - you don’t have a BT Smart Hub 2, do you? If you do, please see this thread:

If you don’t have a Smart Hub 2, the first thing I recommend you try is turning off the TP-Link extender and test without it. A reboot of your router may also help - please switch it off for 30 seconds.

Thanks for that. I’ll give it a try.