Answered

Long time Sonos user. Many changes to WIFI, passwords, email addresses. Want to start freah.

• 4 April 2020
  • 1 reply

I have been unable to use my Sonos speakers to their optimum for more than 2 years.  I have two Sonos 1 speakers and one Sonos 5 speaker.  We have had to change WIFI, email and passwords several times over the past 2 years. I want to clear all previous contact data and restart my speaker system like I was a new customer. Clear everything and follow your instruction about hooking everything up from scratch. I have losr my playlists, my radio station listings, my capacity to download music and my ability to add apps of my choice.

HELP!

icon

Best answer by Chris 4 April 2020, 21:53

If your absolutely sure you want to start from scratch and lose everything.

Lets start with one of the Sonos One speakers.

1. Unplug the power cord.   Unplug all your other sonos speakers.
  2.  Plug the Sonos One into your router with ethernet cable
  3. Depending on which product you have, press and hold the JoinButton-24px.png Join button, while you reconnect the power cord.
  4. Continue holding the button until the light flashes orange and white.
  5. The light will flash green when the process is complete and the product is ready to be set up.

Now open Sonos app and tell it to setup new system (advanced/boost mode wired to router)

Follow instructions to setup your system.

Once setup then - now lets reset the other speakers

Follow the same reset process above but don’t wire them into router.

Once up with flashing green light go into Sonos app and add to the system

Once all up and running - go to settings...system...network and run the wifi setup wizard to allow you to unplug the one unit from your router.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If your absolutely sure you want to start from scratch and lose everything.

Lets start with one of the Sonos One speakers.

1. Unplug the power cord.   Unplug all your other sonos speakers.
  2.  Plug the Sonos One into your router with ethernet cable
  3. Depending on which product you have, press and hold the JoinButton-24px.png Join button, while you reconnect the power cord.
  4. Continue holding the button until the light flashes orange and white.
  5. The light will flash green when the process is complete and the product is ready to be set up.

Now open Sonos app and tell it to setup new system (advanced/boost mode wired to router)

Follow instructions to setup your system.

Once setup then - now lets reset the other speakers

Follow the same reset process above but don’t wire them into router.

Once up with flashing green light go into Sonos app and add to the system

Once all up and running - go to settings...system...network and run the wifi setup wizard to allow you to unplug the one unit from your router.