login to TuneIn radio

• 1 August 2012
  • 25 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
I would like to have TuneIn radio added as a service, so that i can log in and access the saved presets from my phone. It's a great service, but Sonos implementation would be better if login was possible.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

25 replies

I would like to have TuneIn radio added as a service, so that i can log in and access the saved presets from my phone. It's a great service, but Sonos implementation would be better if login was possible.

Actually, Tunein.com is the service that supplies Sonos with the directory listing of Internet radio stations. There is no provision for logins, but Sonos does interact with Tunein.com when searching for stations.
you can actually login to tunein (login) then you can access the same set of presets on all devices (iPhone, computer, etc...) I was asking for the same login functionality on Sonos
you can actually login to tunein (login) then you can access the same set of presets on all devices (iPhone, computer, etc...) I was asking for the same login functionality on Sonos

I know.
My post was to state that although Songs uses Tunein.com, there are no login options at this time.
+1. I just wanted to add my support for the ability to login to a TuneIn account on Sonos.

I would love to be able to sync presets with my iOS devices. Sometimes I end up streaming TuneIn via AirPlay from my iPhone or iPad to an AirPort Express connected to my Sonos, just because my presets are in the iOS device. It's convoluted, but it's easier than navigating on Sonos to a station that's already memorized elsewhere.
Userlevel 2
I also want a TuneIn Service.

As a brand new Sonos user, I feel slightly misled by the advertised TuneIn support. In reality, TuneIn is only used as Sonos' radio station database.

Considering there are numerous other login-based services (Spotify, Pandora, etc), I was surprised a TuneIn service did not exist.

I've found numerous personal blog messages on this very issue. What it boils down to strictly is a good Podcast solution which Sonos currently does not have. Either they recreate the Podcast experience in TuneIn or they create a TuneIn service.

I, like a lot of other people don't want to rely on iTunes for Podcast management. TuneIn does it MUch better and I would like it integrated into my Sonos please!!!

Thank you.
Userlevel 2
Have to agree, this should be a service that can be logged into via sonos to take full advantage of the service
Userlevel 2
+1 for login-capability to tunein

I've had my sonos for a month now and there are some things that I am unpleasantly surprised about.

Not being able to use my tunein-favorites from sonos on my android phone or vice versa is one of them.
Userlevel 2
Another +1/ITA here.

And they badly need to get rid of the "Radio Stations/Radio Shows" separation in Favorites. ONE click once in TuneIn to get to my stations please Sonos!
+1 to be able to log in & sync my TuneIn favourites.
One of the things loads of users would like so see!
Badge +2
+1 here as well. It would be great to be able to log in and have all your favourite stations. Annoyingly in the Sonos apps it already has options for 'My radio stations' and 'My radio shows' but you can't actually add anything to them! Pretty daft having there there really!

😃
Userlevel 2
Yes please add ability to login to tune in account
Userlevel 2
+1 +1 +1 +1
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
.... and here's another login request - and it's almost 2015!
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
I am pretty sure I have logged in to TuneIn (on Sonos) ... and see my favourites there
I also would be glad to have the functionality of a TuneIn Account in Sonos
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
The fact that Sonos pre installs Tunein should not avoid us to use our log in account and our radio selection and settings. It should be rather easy to implement as they do for all the other online music services.
Please escalate this matter.
Thank you
+1 I'd really like to be able to log in and access my stream of followed programs
Badge +1
Ok, I realise that Sonos uses tunein radio feeds for its BBC broadcasts etc but surely the most Important feature which is missing from Sonos is the ability to re-wind/pause/fast-forward live streams (which you can do via the tunein radio app)
Anyone with a Google chromecast can stream tunein radio to their system with this functionality, so why cant we???
There are probably ways round this such as via a dongle straight into a Sonos line in but surely it could be integrated into the software, or just give us the tunein app. Pleeeeease.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You'll need to petition TuneIn to get them to integrate TuneIn Premium with Sonos - Sonos have made it straightforward for streaming music services to get themselves added.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
When should we expect to be able to log in with out Tunein account?
I've poked them about that myself. They've said "we'll pass along your interest" or whatever that phrase is. 🙂
I also would like this feature! I don't want to manage two sets of favorites for podcasts.
+1

I also have a TuneIn account and I wish I could listen to my podcasts and other favorite content from my TuneIn account on Sonos.
+1

I'm starting to wonder if I made a serious mistake purchasing a Sonos. Customer support hasn't weighed in once in this entire thread over several YEARS!

Seriously Sonos, a simple acknowledgement of the users of your product would be really appreciated and seems little to ask.