Question

LiveXLive - Unable to browse music

• 4 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

In the new Sonos app on an iMac desktop, I am unable to browse LiveXLive (Slacker) content.  Interestingly, I can play an existing Favorite LiveXLive station, but in this case album art does not appear in the app.  I have narrowed this issue down to Avast antivirus on the Mac - if I disable its Web Shields, everything works fine.  The service also works as expected on other controllers & PCs on my network, so I am quite sure the issue is Avast.  First, I wanted to report this in case others are having similar issues.

Second, I would like to try whitelisting LiveXLive in my Avast settings to solve the problem.  I tried adding livexlive.com but this did not work.  I contacted LiveXLive and they told me that Sonos could possibly provide URLs to their service for whitelisting.  Is this possible, or are these internal URLs kept secret for piracy or other reasons?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Jed_1, thanks for reaching out. Regarding your concern, Sonos doesn't have any URLs for whitelisting Music Services. I can suggest that you may check with Avast if they have a way to have it on the whitelist since that's the one the cause the blocking of these stations or music service. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Thanks for the reply, Simon B.  Just a follow-up.  Avast support was not able to help me as you suggested above, but the issue seems to have resolved on its own.  I suspect a recent auto-update to the Avast product has fixed it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Jed_1, thanks for the update. I’m glad that it worked. For now, I’ll ask you to observe it if the issue will reoccur.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.