Answered

LivePhish playback issues

• 1 February 2019
  • 34 replies

When playing LP Thru sonos, songs do not finish and either jump around to another song out of order, or just directly to the next song but either way the songs are not playing until the end. Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 11 April 2019, 20:57

Update: This issue is still being investigated. At this point, it would be best to give our support team a call to address any problems regarding LivePhish or Nugs.net. This way, our technicians can determine if it is related and properly forward the information to the team.

As more information becomes available about this, I will provide another update.

Thanks again for your patience.
View original

34 replies

Hello, is this the only place to get help with these issues?

my live phish app will play 2 songs and then either skip to another random song, or stop altogether.

it is so frustrating, so basically I use a bluetooth speaker,  $2500 worth of SONOS in my house and I can’t listen to the live phish app on the system, what a waste of money!  looks like other people are having the same problem going on a year, c’mon Sonos get it fixed!!  I tell others that are considering SONOS about all the bugs, steer clear.

Badge
Same. Closer to 6 months. Sent several diagnostics And Did a long diagnostic phone session with sonos and was told that it was nugs(which makes sense as it’s only their services that fail). Have talked with nugs many times with a promise that it’s being looked into. Paying premium for both nugs and livephish and have been loyal to them... but it’s gotten old.
I too am a subscriber to both LivePhish and Nugs.net and have not been able to use either app with my Sonos which I too have found very frustrating. I contacted Nugs through Facebook on multiple occasions. They claimed a fix was in the works but it has been a few months since I’ve been able to use either app with Sonos.
This is beyond frustrating. This was an issue a year or more back. Then it was fixed. In 2019 it began again. Totally unacceptable as the only streaming service I use in most zones at work at home is LivePhish. I pay a premium for my speakers, and for LivePhish and this issue makes both unusable.
Since Sonos is only responsible for the API code which gets implemented by the third party, I suspect the engineer that needs to be locked in a room is someone on the LivePhish/Nugs side of things.
Oh, it was not that much profanity, and that was a nice sentence that got edited out. And while this particular bug is ruinous for those of us that like these sort of streams, and bring shouts of calamity and disaster upon Sonos, it is also a testament to my love of these Sonos products that I am still shouting here, and have not gone silent to outfit myself with a Bose rig ... I am posting again because i have determined the the most efficacious pathway to issue resolution, three step process. Step 1: find an engineer on your team that is an aficionado of of the Grateful Dead. Step 2: assign this issue to that individual. Step 3: position this engineer/deadhead in close proximity to a pair of Play5 speakers, turn the volume and continuously stream all the available shows from Dead & Co. (or JRAD). The engineer is not permitted to leave the room until the issue is resolved. Thx
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Update: This issue is still being investigated. At this point, it would be best to give our support team a call to address any problems regarding LivePhish or Nugs.net. This way, our technicians can determine if it is related and properly forward the information to the team.

As more information becomes available about this, I will provide another update.

Thanks again for your patience.
Any idea on a timeframe to get this resolved? Worked fine for me until recently. Is very annoying and greatly takes away from my Sonos experience.
Same issue here. Skips randomly (sometimes after seconds, sometimes after minutes) to the next song. It doesn't appear to happen with other Sonos channels, and it doesn't happen when streaming LivePhish off of Sonos. No error message is generated when it occurs.
Streams not getting properly read; partial play then jumps to next track. Seriously sucks. I am aware that the Sonos engineering team is aware. It has been WEEKS heading into MONTHS with this problem. What is estimated time frame to get this matter resolved and a software patch released? Thank you.

Moderator note: Edited for profanity.
Having the same issues with nugs streaming. will play the selected song for a couple of minutes and then skip around. Adding comment so I can follow for updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello all!

I've been in contact with the team regarding this issue and we would like to ask a few questions regarding LivePhish playback. Please send me a PM with a recent diagnostic report confirmation number and when you first recognized this happening. I will have a few more follow-up questions and will be sure to get this information passed to the team.

Thanks for your patience.
Hey Keith, can you update us on this please? I'm still having the same issues 😞

Hey there, everyone. Thanks for your patience on this one. It seems that this issue is a side-effect of Sonos having trouble processing certain types of HLS streams. This was discovered on Nugs.net but can affect other related Music Services as well. The team is hard at work addressing this and we will be sure to keep this thread updated as information becomes available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, everyone. Thanks for your patience on this one. It seems that this issue is a side-effect of Sonos having trouble processing certain types of HLS streams. This was discovered on Nugs.net but can affect other related Music Services as well. The team is hard at work addressing this and we will be sure to keep this thread updated as information becomes available.
Keith, thanks for your help on this. I'm still having the same issues. I don't get any error or message stating an issue has occurred when this does happen. I have not been able to figure out any patterns or consistencies to when it does skip. Sometime it is 30 seconds in, sometimes it is 8 minutes in. I just submitted a diagnostic. # 1296602643

Looking fwd to getting this fixed!!!

Paul

The team is tracking a problem with the Nugs.net platform, which LivePhish runs on. I have forwarded this topic about LivePhish to the technicians and they are aware of the likeliness of them being related.

That being said, users can choose to wait for an update here on the Community, or if you feel like getting your hands dirty - give our support team a call and we can gather more information to determine the direct impact on LivePhish.
I hit em on twitter again https://twitter.com/randymonroe/status/1094255539243175936?s=21
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
The team is tracking a problem with the Nugs.net platform, which LivePhish runs on. I have forwarded this topic about LivePhish to the technicians and they are aware of the likeliness of them being related.

That being said, users can choose to wait for an update here on the Community, or if you feel like getting your hands dirty - give our support team a call and we can gather more information to determine the direct impact on LivePhish.
Keith - Thanks, i might have mis-read Edward's (Sonos staff) response in the link above, but isnt the LP issue currently being investigated and tracked? Appreciate the help
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Note: I just ran across the post from Edward R, one of the Sonos folks, in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/nugs-net-and-phishlive-conflict-6819827

This is correct. LivePhish runs on the Nugs.net platform and the team is trying to determine if the problems are related. At this point, it might be best to give our support technicians a call to have a closer look at what is going on. Additionally, this will generate a trackable ticket that can be followed up on.
Note: I just ran across the post from Edward R, one of the Sonos folks, in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/nugs-net-and-phishlive-conflict-6819827
jeffkimball1, that suggestion seems odd to me. The iOS playback issue has to do with data stored on the iOS device itself. When you're streaming from LivePhish, you're telling the speaker to go out and get the stream directly from the internet, and your phone is out of the equation (mostly....it still gets trailing updates as to what is playing, so it can show you on the screen, but it's not in the middle of the equation).

Hopefully coletrickle4's diagnostic will help....although it could be different problems for different people, so I'd recommend that all of you who are having an issue, you should also submit a diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing the dropout. It might be the same thing, it might not. Better safe and not skipping than assuming that it's the same problem across all of you.
Keith N. - Just happened, diagnostic code 2140946558
Happening to me too. Other older threads blame the skipping on iOS (iPhone in particular) going into Auto-Lock. I haven't tested this yet, maybe others can as well - by disabling auto-lock on iPhone and see if it fixes it.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Sonos app. And removed and added the LP music service, issues persist.
Here is the only notification that is given. Song plays for roughly 5 more seconds after the alert on the app and skips to the next song. Same thing happens on the next song.