Answered

LivePhish playback issues

• 1 February 2019
  • 33 replies

When playing LP Thru sonos, songs do not finish and either jump around to another song out of order, or just directly to the next song but either way the songs are not playing until the end. Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 11 April 2019, 20:57

Update: This issue is still being investigated. At this point, it would be best to give our support team a call to address any problems regarding LivePhish or Nugs.net. This way, our technicians can determine if it is related and properly forward the information to the team.

As more information becomes available about this, I will provide another update.

Thanks again for your patience.
View original

33 replies

Yes I’m having the same issue with my LivePhish. Started within the last couple of weeks. Any help please!! All my other services are working no problem on sonos.
Same! Came here to report also.
How can we contact a support tech on this? I read about a diagnostic number to give them but I'm not seeing any diagnostic numbers when it skips. Has to be some sort of bug that happened on the recent update.
I wasn't sure - I had thought support tech monitored these forums as I have seen them respond....
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have you contacted LivePhish? It's just as likely to be a problem at their end. You may also want to nudge Sonos on Twitter, which is likely to get a quicker response.
Just posted on twitter (both LP and Sonos Support) thanks for the heads up, will circle back if i hear anything productive.
Same issue here. Started mid-January. Annoying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone. Thanks for the heads up on this. Are you getting any error messages when this behavior occurs? I am happy to forward any information along to the team.

Additionally, it would be most helpful to submit a diagnostic report shortly after experiencing this and reply here with the confirmation number. This may give us some insight into what is going on. Thanks!
I am travelling for work but can submit when I return home on 2/7 - I do not receive any error messages and instead, the song seems to end early and either go to the next one in order, or bounce around as if it were on shuffle. Will circle back with the diagnostic report.
Here is the only notification that is given. Song plays for roughly 5 more seconds after the alert on the app and skips to the next song. Same thing happens on the next song.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Sonos app. And removed and added the LP music service, issues persist.
Happening to me too. Other older threads blame the skipping on iOS (iPhone in particular) going into Auto-Lock. I haven't tested this yet, maybe others can as well - by disabling auto-lock on iPhone and see if it fixes it.
Keith N. - Just happened, diagnostic code 2140946558
jeffkimball1, that suggestion seems odd to me. The iOS playback issue has to do with data stored on the iOS device itself. When you're streaming from LivePhish, you're telling the speaker to go out and get the stream directly from the internet, and your phone is out of the equation (mostly....it still gets trailing updates as to what is playing, so it can show you on the screen, but it's not in the middle of the equation).

Hopefully coletrickle4's diagnostic will help....although it could be different problems for different people, so I'd recommend that all of you who are having an issue, you should also submit a diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing the dropout. It might be the same thing, it might not. Better safe and not skipping than assuming that it's the same problem across all of you.
Note: I just ran across the post from Edward R, one of the Sonos folks, in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/nugs-net-and-phishlive-conflict-6819827
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Note: I just ran across the post from Edward R, one of the Sonos folks, in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/nugs-net-and-phishlive-conflict-6819827

This is correct. LivePhish runs on the Nugs.net platform and the team is trying to determine if the problems are related. At this point, it might be best to give our support technicians a call to have a closer look at what is going on. Additionally, this will generate a trackable ticket that can be followed up on.
Keith - Thanks, i might have mis-read Edward's (Sonos staff) response in the link above, but isnt the LP issue currently being investigated and tracked? Appreciate the help
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
The team is tracking a problem with the Nugs.net platform, which LivePhish runs on. I have forwarded this topic about LivePhish to the technicians and they are aware of the likeliness of them being related.

That being said, users can choose to wait for an update here on the Community, or if you feel like getting your hands dirty - give our support team a call and we can gather more information to determine the direct impact on LivePhish.
I hit em on twitter again https://twitter.com/randymonroe/status/1094255539243175936?s=21
Keith, thanks for your help on this. I'm still having the same issues. I don't get any error or message stating an issue has occurred when this does happen. I have not been able to figure out any patterns or consistencies to when it does skip. Sometime it is 30 seconds in, sometimes it is 8 minutes in. I just submitted a diagnostic. # 1296602643

Looking fwd to getting this fixed!!!

Paul

The team is tracking a problem with the Nugs.net platform, which LivePhish runs on. I have forwarded this topic about LivePhish to the technicians and they are aware of the likeliness of them being related.

That being said, users can choose to wait for an update here on the Community, or if you feel like getting your hands dirty - give our support team a call and we can gather more information to determine the direct impact on LivePhish.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, everyone. Thanks for your patience on this one. It seems that this issue is a side-effect of Sonos having trouble processing certain types of HLS streams. This was discovered on Nugs.net but can affect other related Music Services as well. The team is hard at work addressing this and we will be sure to keep this thread updated as information becomes available.
Hey Keith, can you update us on this please? I'm still having the same issues 😞

Hey there, everyone. Thanks for your patience on this one. It seems that this issue is a side-effect of Sonos having trouble processing certain types of HLS streams. This was discovered on Nugs.net but can affect other related Music Services as well. The team is hard at work addressing this and we will be sure to keep this thread updated as information becomes available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello all!

I've been in contact with the team regarding this issue and we would like to ask a few questions regarding LivePhish playback. Please send me a PM with a recent diagnostic report confirmation number and when you first recognized this happening. I will have a few more follow-up questions and will be sure to get this information passed to the team.

Thanks for your patience.
Having the same issues with nugs streaming. will play the selected song for a couple of minutes and then skip around. Adding comment so I can follow for updates.
Streams not getting properly read; partial play then jumps to next track. Seriously sucks. I am aware that the Sonos engineering team is aware. It has been WEEKS heading into MONTHS with this problem. What is estimated time frame to get this matter resolved and a software patch released? Thank you.

Moderator note: Edited for profanity.