Answered

Listening to the local channels of the Finnish production company YLE 2022

• 24 May 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi.

Are there Finnish users online?  Through which online radio service have you found YLE local radio channels?

Has Yle (Finnish Proadcasting Co) local/areal channel been taken away from offering of the online-service providers? You have any idea?

SonosRadio has not been broadcasting YLE programs for a long time, but now they have disappeared as well from other internet radio providers I have used.

I understand that the problem is related to the fact that YLE is not a commercial operator but a Finnish state-owned production company.

Regards

icon

Best answer by controlav 24 May 2022, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

MyTuner! Yes it does list them all, but local channels will not start to play when clicked.

Yle Radio Suomi iscok, but i.e. Yle Etelä-Karjala does not work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I think there are issues with many YLE stations... many other programs report problems with their streams.  Your best action would be to contact YLE and ask for their advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Try adding https://yleradiolive.akamaized.net/hls/live/2027672/in-YleRadio1/abr.smil/media-ul5093hi3_b256000_ao_331021.aac as a direct stream though they expose it via m3u8 chunks so not sure if that will work.

Thank you for your reply.
However, I understand very little about where that download was supposed to be loaded, and besides that link indicates “not exist”

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You could try the Mytuner radio service - it lists quite a few YLE stations.  Some work but many are silent.