Answered

Listening to the local channels of the Finnish production company YLE 2022

Hi.

Are there Finnish users online?  Through which online radio service have you found YLE local radio channels?

Has Yle (Finnish Proadcasting Co) local/areal channel been taken away from offering of the online-service providers? You have any idea?

SonosRadio has not been broadcasting YLE programs for a long time, but now they have disappeared as well from other internet radio providers I have used.

I understand that the problem is related to the fact that YLE is not a commercial operator but a Finnish state-owned production company.

Regards

icon

Best answer by controlav 24 May 2022, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Try adding https://yleradiolive.akamaized.net/hls/live/2027672/in-YleRadio1/abr.smil/media-ul5093hi3_b256000_ao_331021.aac as a direct stream though they expose it via m3u8 chunks so not sure if that will work.

Thank you for your reply.
However, I understand very little about where that download was supposed to be loaded, and besides that link indicates “not exist”

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You could try the Mytuner radio service - it lists quite a few YLE stations.  Some work but many are silent. 

MyTuner! Yes it does list them all, but local channels will not start to play when clicked.

Yle Radio Suomi iscok, but i.e. Yle Etelä-Karjala does not work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I think there are issues with many YLE stations... many other programs report problems with their streams.  Your best action would be to contact YLE and ask for their advice.